SOLD HSI $5 milled (2 racks) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRA5H3R

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Title speaks for itself. 2 good condition HSI $5 milled. Flea bites here and there, but all stand on edge. $100/rack PPF&F plus shipping in Warneke boxes.
IMG_2582.JPG
IMG_E2542.JPG
IMG_2543.JPG

Any chance those are murdered by knife and not actually milled? That is what is looks like to me..

In any case, these are really great for a re-label project

Any chance those are murdered by knife and not actually milled? That is what is looks like to me..

In any case, these are really great for a re-label project
Came here to say that. The inlays have been removed from those chips, but they have not been "milled".

I purchased them in this condition for a project and went a different direction. I assumed from the offset ring that they were milled, but I agree that there are also tooling marks. I guess the label could have been offset from the initial press?
IMG_2583.JPG

The off-centered-ness is very common on factory inlays. (If the chips were drill-press-milled, you'd likely see an additional ring, or damage/intrusion into the hat-and-cane mold area.)

Also the 'tool marks' are remnants/imprints/fossils of the glue that was originally used to hold the inlay in place while the chip was pressed. Basically all Paulsons have some amount of a squiggly mark or impression under the inlay.

In any case, enough lecturing :) These are excellent chips at an excellent price, and I'm surprised they haven't sold yet. Good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom