Imperial Card Room (1 Viewer)

Darson

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
My college buddies meet up once a year for a poker game and I want to make a set of chips for the 2019 edition. I originally wanted to get an artist to make cartoons of our faces and I may still go this way but in the interim, I put together the following. Not hugely happy with all the chips - need some suggestions on how to improve them.

Imperial 01.png

Why not pictures of the campus', station etc rather than the logos which make the set as a whole busy?

I like the version from post 5 a lot. (so much so, that I'd likely be in for a sample)

Question: if it they're for tourney, why the £ ? :D

What wizardry is this. When were there blue skies in London?
I was back a couple years ago for 4 weeks over summer and it was glorious sunshine the whole time. Almost made me want to stay... almost

Note the centre has no image at the moment, but this is what I can do for now.
Edit: @Darson How about the edgespots?

Thanks, that's really helpful! I think I'm going to do something like this using the college colours (maroon, blue, gold, black & purple). The photo is just to give an idea, I'll use something with only one or two people taken when we were in college - I have a note out to the boys to scan and send what they have. I figure I can get 10 photos in there (different photos on opposite sides).

For edge spots, I'm thinking diagonals and using the constituent college colours so maroon will have white edgespots (City & Guilds), Blue will have gold edgespots (Royal College of Science), yellow will have black (Royal School of Mines) and black will have all the colours like the scarf. Purple is the medical school but I may do something different there. Or, and this would be perfect, I'll put the catch phrase of whoever is in the photo on the edge in the contracting colour.

Imperial 05.png

I think the
Thanks, that's really helpful! I think I'm going to do something like this using the college colours (maroon, blue, gold, black & purple). The photo is just to give an idea, I'll use something with only one or two people taken when we were in college - I have a note out to the boys to scan and send what they have. I figure I can get 10 photos in there (different photos on opposite sides).

For edge spots, I'm thinking diagonals and using the constituent college colours so maroon will have white edgespots (City & Guilds), Blue will have gold edgespots (Royal College of Science), yellow will have black (Royal School of Mines) and black will have all the colours like the scarf. Purple is the medical school but I may do something different there. Or, and this would be perfect, I'll put the catch phrase of whoever is in the photo on the edge in the contracting colour.

View attachment 203868
How many edgestripes on the chips, the same or more as the denom increases? and for the black 100 quid spot, are the spots in order light blue-maroon-white-violet-yellow?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom