It's amazing, some of the stuff being listed recently, is something boat worthy brewing ? (133 Viewers)

It took a year or so but people are simply coming to grips with current market. You will sell for a loss if you overpaid for something in high supply during peak-chipping, unless what you have is simply not available or extremely rare. The insta-dibs on almost everything in order to beat WW or others to the punch is simply a thing of the past in 99% of instances now. Of course, there could always be a NAGB under the surface, but I do believe this is what is taking place.

I think people spent a lot of money on Tigers, and then Tiger sell offs, and we r heading into a presidential election, which tightens the economy.

If you are in a commission based position, your wages are most likely down…and things r tight right now.

You will sell for a loss if you overpaid for something in high supply during peak-chipping, unless what you have is simply not available or extremely rare
Well said. I’m pretty sure you’d almost have to quadruple the hobby participation at this point to create the scarcity needed to drive up the prices of the chips you mention.

But I think the biggest elephant in the room is the one that no one is allowed to speak of publicly in these parts.
When groceries, car insurance, and the basic necessities to live are at all time highs in cost……….does anyone really have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out or be honest about it?

Can’t eat your chips folks.

But I think the biggest elephant in the room is the one that no one is allowed to speak of publicly in these parts.
When groceries, car insurance, and the basic necessities to live are at all time highs in cost……….does anyone really have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out or be honest about it?

Basic necessities are always at an all-time high. Prices for these things have never gone down. Negative inflation is a myth.

Agreed @doublebooyah85 things are tighten up and stock market tells it. No longer up and up.
Well the stock market is still performing well, but to me, that’s America and Corpracracy, no longer the pulse of the average American imho.

I love comparing chip values to Michael Jordan rookie cards. I think it’s a good temperament of collector items…wish this chart when to today, but having a feeling it’s only gone down or stayed flat…

IMG_5614.jpeg

Love seeing the COVID and LAST DANCE DOC spikes…

Attachments

• 1727713733699.png
    1727713733699.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Basic necessities are always at an all-time high
Are you 3 years old? Because if you were 5 years old or maybe even a little older you’d of experienced a much different time in costs.
I’m 52, make triple in salary what I made at 26 and felt like I had more disposable income back then.
Prices for these things have never gone down.
Mostly not but not always true. Energy tends to fluctuate based on policy. Sometimes you could argue greed as well.
When I could fill my gas tank for $20 vs $50, it was usually because of favorable energy policy more so than greed.

Favorable energy policy also lowers the cost of basic necessities because they are cheaper to make and bring to market.
Negative inflation is a myth.
Mostly so but not always. Have you seen the prices on chips these days?
Don't tell me what to do! You're not my real dad!
As far as you know. ;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Are you 3 years old? Because if you were 5 years old or maybe even a little older you’d of experienced a much different time in costs.
I’m 52, make triple in salary what I made at 26 and felt like I had more disposable income back then.

Mostly not but not always true. Energy tends to fluctuate based on policy. Sometimes you could argue greed as well.
When I could fill my gas tank for $20 vs $50, it was usually because of favorable energy policy more so than greed.

Favorable energy policy also lowers the cost of basic necessities because they are cheaper to make and bring to market.

Mostly so but not always. Have you seen the prices on chips these days?

As far as you know. ;):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I am 54. Unfortunately, I have only managed to double my base salary since I was 27. You felt like you had more disposable income way back when because inflation on your basic necessities has outpaced yours/my salary. A benchmark single family detached home back in the day in my city was probably $300-350 thousand. Now it's $1.5 million.

Take a look at any consumer goods, home insurance costs, home energy, prescription drug price graphs and year-over-year you will find all price trends go up. Gas for your vehicles will fluctuate seasonally, but represent only a very small percentage of your living costs. Poker chips are hardly a necessity, and collectibles markets are notoriously fickle for value fluctuations up and down.

I swear you guys are running the economy now, some of the dumb shit posted here makes me think some of you have a direct line to the chairman of the fed and a picture of them with a donkey.

Fuck all with those charts, people have money. They just don’t want to spend it right now.
Everyone is afraid they are going to lose money on high priced stuff they already bought, and they are worried that if they pay high prices now their things will just drop in value.

Whatever you want to call it, it’s a scared economy. Scared people do lots of weird shit. Unpredictable shit.

I am 54. Unfortunately, I have only managed to double my base salary since I was 27. You felt like you had more disposable income way back when because inflation on your basic necessities has outpaced yours/my salary. A benchmark single family detached home back in the day in my city was probably $300-350 thousand. Now it's $1.5 million.

Take a look at any consumer goods, home insurance costs, home energy, prescription drug price graphs and year-over-year you will find all price trends go up. Gas for your vehicles will fluctuate seasonally, but represent only a very small percentage of your living costs. Poker chips are hardly a necessity, and collectibles markets are notoriously fickle for value fluctuations up and down.
You’ve undoubtedly done very well for yourself for a long time and that’s a good thing.
I paid 119k for my first home in 1995 with an interest rate of 7.25 on a 30 year fixed.

Couldn’t imagine paying 300-350k for a home then and paying those interests rates. I didn’t know too many people then who could afford that if any at all.

I’d have to imagine that even now, you’re probably fortunate enough to not have to worry as much about the costs of things that so many other folks do.
And that’s a good thing of course, some of us are still trying to reach that level in life or at least lesson the concern of affordability.
Haven’t been done any favors on that front by policy makers in a few years.

Just being honest about it which I know offends too many people these days.

I think people often live in their own bubbles, so friendly discussions (if such things exist) can be productive. I just had to explain to my boomer parents that people really are hurting. It astounds me, because they should know their 19-21 year old grandkids have no hope for the future. Like, they can't imagine owning homes. But my parents are doing great, and everybody they know is doing great, and the news tells them the economy is all better (which they already knew, based on their account totals,) so I think they're just genuinely out of touch with a lot of America.

I think I read an article stating that the bottom ~20% are worse off but the top ~80% are better off in terms of income and net worth. Does this jive with your views?

You’ve undoubtedly done very well for yourself for a long time and that’s a good thing.
I paid 119k for my first home in 1995 with an interest rate of 7.25 on a 30 year fixed.

Couldn’t imagine paying 300-350k for a home then and paying those interests rates. I didn’t know too many people then who could afford that if any at all.

I’d have to imagine that even now, you’re probably fortunate enough to not have to worry as much about the costs of things that so many other folks do.
And that’s a good thing of course, some of us are still trying to reach that level in life or at least lesson the concern of affordability.
Haven’t been done any favors on that front by policy makers in a few years.

I think people often live in their own bubbles, so friendly discussions (if such things exist) can be productive. I just had to explain to my boomer parents that people really are hurting. It astounds me, because they should know their 19-21 year old grandkids have no hope for the future. Like, they can't imagine owning homes. But my parents are doing great, and everybody they know is doing great, and the news tells them the economy is all better (which they already knew, based on their account totals,) so I think they're just genuinely out of touch with a lot of America.

Back to the original post, only reason I listed something is because i am moving into a much smaller home and need to reduce my holdings of projects and non-core sets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom