Kentucky Derby 2016 (1 Viewer)

ParrotheadMZ

Flush
Reaction score
Talk Derby to me!
Just wonder peoples thoughts, stories or if you've even heard of the Run For The Roses aka Kentucky Derby?
Growing up in Louisville i could care less about the Derby. About three years ago something changed and I really enjoy it now. Ive been a few times now and its a great time. Its the only city in the world that partys for TWO full weeks for a 2 minute horse race.

Anyone bet the ponys to Win, place or show or maybe even bet the exotic/degen bets like Superfecta or Trifecta?

Anyone going?

Here are the horses and starting positions and the exotic betting chart.
Also some of the highest payouts for the derby.
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Exaggerator by a nose. My derby party is going on 8 years now. We make legit mint juleps in julep cups served with napkins and a sippy straw with four roses bourbon and everyone dresses up in their finest. The ladies rock the ridiculous hats and we all be drunk by 2. $20 per bet - winner takes all ----- winner is the closest to first if not the outright winner

Still havent picked my Derby horse yet. I have it narrowed down though. Going to go to the back side in the morning, ill try to post some Derby Horse pics.

I like Nyquist but there won't be any value there to bet (maybe at 3-1 but he wont stay there)

I will bet Creator across at 12-1 or better, if I can get those odds

What I've noticed so far......Kate Upton needs to switch dresses with Lindsay Vonn.

Kentucky Derby? Rings a vague bell.

Something often rendered meaningless by the huge field, iirc.

Wait, I remember -- isn't that one of the prep races for the Belmont?

lol Belmont. Is that the 142nd Greatest Two Minutes in sports? :LOL: :laugh:

Those two-minute events are great for people whose maximum attention span is no longer than that. Fragile thoroughbreds so inbred and drugged up, as well as over-raced at two and three years, that racing these days is a shell of the former great sport. Even the Belmont had to be shortened because the breed just couldn't do the traditional distance any more.

Kentucky does have some great equine events, but they're held at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The 1978 Three-Day Eventing World Championship
was one of the greatest events I've ever attended.

I had two exacta boxes: 11-13 and 5-13. What I didn't have was the 5-11-13 Tri box. Next time...

1113.JPG
513.JPG

Wow, Nyquist actually went off at the odds I wanted so my bookie (brother) got my bet down at the local OTB joint.
100 across and I won a little

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom