Le Boudoir Secondary | Cash - CPC (DSQ) (2 Viewers)

Fran

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Set: Le Boudoir Secondary | Cash
Manufacturer: Classic Poker Chips (CPC)
Designer: Original inlay design by Johnny5 for Nicolas M
Mold: Diamond Square
Production Year: 2024

lb_logo.png

Le Boudoir idea came from Nicolas M.
The design was developed for him by Johnny5 more than 12 years ago during the ASM years.
Two sets were produced on FDL mold. if I am right a tournament set in 2012 Hotstamped by meatboy and an inlaid Cash set. The cash set is in the 2015 PCF HOF.

By some time ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on the entire original 500-chip Hotstamp Le Boudoir tournament set.

But unfortunately in terms of cash chips I only have one almost full sample set and a HU set.

Nicolas who is retired from chipping, kindly gave me the rights to reuse Le Boudoir Paris design when I worked in 2022 with John to complete my tournament set (plaques, DB, cuts...).

however with a group of players more focused on cash game, I gradually toyed with the idea of perpetuating Nicolas’s idea by creating a secondary cash set.

My only deviations from the original theme were the choice of mold and the size of the inlay.

Indeed, as much as I like FDL, I really wanted to try DSQ, which for me is also a perfect match for the theme, and I wanted to see what it would be like to go back to a traditional classy 7/8 inlay.

Far be it from me to try and compete with the primary set, which is in the HOF remember ;). I simply wanted to continue the original work in its spirit and have a playable Le Boudoir cash set.

All credits for the theme idea and graphic design remain to Nicolas M and Johnny5, I simply reused it, adapting it to recreate the new inlays required with some small variations in terms of size, denoms and color matching.

For the lineup (base color, spot pattern Colors and progression) I have tried to match the idea of the original set to create a secondary (at my stakes level) in line with the primary to preserve its spirit.

I hope you will like it as much as I do.

So I let you discover my new Le Boudoir Secondary cash set !

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1645.jpeg

IMG_1650.jpeg
IMG_1648.jpeg

10c : Blurple base, Butterscotch/ Retro Lavender 2A14 spots
IMG_1637.jpeg

50c : Orange base, Chocolate/ Grey 4A14 spots
IMG_1636.jpeg

2€ : Green base, Mandarin Red/Yellow 4A14A spots
IMG_1633.jpeg

10€ : Canary base, Light Green/Lavender 6A14 spots
IMG_1628.jpeg

50€ : Charcoal , Light Blue/Pink 8A14 spots
IMG_1627.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

IMG_1656.jpeg
IMG_1658.jpeg
IMG_1662.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg

Last but not least I want to thank :
Johnny5 and Nicolas M for the original « Le Boudoir Paris » idea and design
@David Spragg and the CPC team for the wonderful work done
@Potsie1 for the plastic custom cut cards
@timinater for the color matching reference guide

I do love it, but as a shock to all my favorite is currently the 50c 414! Very classy and great blend. That may change when I’m off mobile though :sneaky:

Nice work as always!
That’s my favourite too but I am not a green chip fan :p

I really like the vertical lines on the label, nicely done!

Fantastic job!:hearts:
I 've also lived in Brussels and I can guarantee you that you 're going to spend a lot more money in search of some happiness :) :)

Fantastic job!:hearts:
I 've also lived in Brussels and I can guarantee you that you 're going to spend a lot more money in search of some happiness :) :)
Not sure to understand the second part of your post :unsure:… but thanks :) !

Not sure to understand the second part of your post :unsure:… but thanks :) !
I mean life is miserable there, IMHO. Especially if you work too much.

I bought a 911 Carrera GTS back then, to mitigate the dehumanizing workload, awful weather and people who reject the right and obligation to think. :)

I mean life is miserable there, IMHO. Especially if you work too much.

I bought a 911 Carrera GTS back then, to mitigate the dehumanizing workload, awful weather and people who reject the right and obligation to think. :)
I don't have the same experience of Brussels that you had. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I'm happy with it :)
And it is a Le Boudoir Paris set here ! Not my MCPR Brussels set :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom