Limit/No-Limit Equivalent Stakes (1 Viewer)

5c/10c NL to 40c/80c (or 50c/$1) limit
25c/25c NL to 1/2 limit
25c/50c NL to 2/4 limit
Thank you!

Follow up: Any recommendations on how to adjust your NL chipset to pull double duty? Just add more fracs?

Current breakdown is
5¢ x 100
25¢ x 200
$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$20 x 100.

So for 5¢/10¢ NL, I could do
  • 50¢/$1 Limit: 10x, or
  • 25¢/75¢ Limit: 7.5x.
How do you handle bring-ins for stud games?
Ideally the bring in is 1/2 the SB, and ante is 1/4 the SB. For 1/2 stud I do .50 bring in and .25 ante. For .75/1.5 I do the same as I don't use nickels.

Thank you!

Follow up: Any recommendations on how to adjust your NL chipset to pull double duty? Just add more fracs?

Current breakdown is
5¢ x 100
25¢ x 200
$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$20 x 100.
Best approach is a dedicated limit set; typically undenominated chips that can be used for any stakes. One rack per player plus a second color rack that can be used as a 20x value chip, so 900 + 100 = 1000 chips total.

You can use an existing NL cash set, but it's definitely not optimal for Limit play.

Thank you!

Current breakdown is
5¢ x 100
25¢ x 200
$1 x 200
$5 x 200
$20 x 100.
What will your NL and fixed limit stakes going to be, and how many players? For my 6 handed mixed fixed and pot limit games, .25/.25 PL and 1/2 fixed, I use:

100x.25
200x$1
The rest 5s.
25s too if of your group has big gamblers or you're on a budget.

For .75/1.50 fixed limit, more quarters would help to cut down the change making.

What will your NL and fixed limit stakes going to be, and how many players? For my 6 handed mixed fixed and pot limit games, .25/.25 PL and 1/2 fixed, I use:

100x.25
200x$1
The rest 5s.
25s too if of your group has big gamblers or you're on a budget.

For .75/1.50 fixed limit, more quarters would help to cut down the change making.
We normally play 5¢/10¢ NL. Normally 8 handed, but I built my set around 10 players just in case.

With what I’ve read, here’s what I’m thinking.

Fixed flop / draw games:
SB/BB: 25¢/50¢
Limits: 50¢/$1

Stud Games:
Ante: 10¢, but maybe 25¢ for ease. Starting stacks have more quarters, and I’d rather not buy more nickels.
Bring-in: 25¢

Best approach is a dedicated limit set; typically undenominated chips that can be used for any stakes. One rack per player plus a second color rack that can be used as a 20x value chip, so 900 + 100 = 1000 chips total.

You can use an existing NL cash set, but it's definitely not optimal for Limit play.
Oh well. I guess that means I just need to buy more chips!

We normally play 5¢/10¢ NL. Normally 8 handed, but I built my set around 10 players just in case.

With what I’ve read, here’s what I’m thinking.

Fixed flop / draw games:
SB/BB: 25¢/50¢

Stud Games:
Ante: 10¢, but maybe 25¢ for ease. Starting stacks have more quarters, and I’d rather not buy more nickels.
Bring-in: 25¢
For Stud games, you can also utilize a table ante (posted only by the dealer) in lieu of doing individual antes. Instead of requiring 5c chips just to post antes, the dealer would post the antes for the entire table using the chip denominations already in play.

In your example above, the dealer would post a table ante of either 50c (4-6 players), 75c (7-8 players), or $1 (9-10 players). Approximately the same amount of dead money in the pot each hand as 10c individually-posted antes, but a lot quicker and much more chip-efficient.

For Stud games, you can also utilize a table ante (posted only by the dealer) in lieu of doing individual antes. Instead of requiring 5c chips just to post antes, the dealer would post the antes for the entire table using the chip denominations already in play.

In your example above, the dealer would post a table ante of either 50c (4-6 players), 75c (7-8 players), or $1 (9-10 players). Approximately the same amount of dead money in the pot each hand as 10c individually-posted antes, but a lot quicker and much more chip-efficient.
I re-read your post from earlier where you recommended a table ante. I didn’t know what it meant, but didn’t think anything of it. Brilliant idea.

I have a tendency to try to overcomplicate things on the front-end in hopes of making it easier on the back-end. Thanks for taking the time.

ETA: It must have been a comment on another thread where you made the same suggestion. Either way, thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom