Lupton Garage-Custom THC Solids (1 Viewer)

Mushmanchuman

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Proud to reveal my custom sets of both cash and tournament chips.

“Lupton Garage” as a theme was born out of a quest to create a set that reflected and paid respect to the town/village I grew up in, Lupton, MI. The garage was in business from the 1940's until just a few years ago. It was one of the last businesses that were open in the town proper. The garage was closed for a few years and falling apart. It was razzed this past spring.

This was a true labor of love in all aspects of this project. From the chips to the design.

Screen Shot 2024-09-01 at 2.15.20 PM.png

The chips-

Got 2 sets of starbursts off of facebook marketplace. One set was sold by a few brothers whose Dad played a bunch of low-ball back in the day.
IMG_1035.jpeg
IMG_1038.jpeg

The second set came from a junk guy outside of Baton Rouge, LA. He found them at an abandoned backyard craps game. He said the chips were still stacked up on the table and there were drinks that were sitting with booze still in them. It was as if they got raided and the place didn't get touched for years. The chips were dusty and some were stained but they were in really good shape otherwise.
IMG_1183.jpeg
IMG_1185.jpeg

Two other add-ons were 160 peach starbursts and around 200 pink starbursts. Thanks to @inca911 @JWJ and @ChipFinderSK for the sales on those chips. And a rack of random colored roulette chips I picked up on marketplace.
IMG_1017.jpeg
IMG_1144.jpeg

These all got milled by me. I had to soak some of the reds, greens and whites in peroxide. All the chips went thru the ultra-sonic cleaner and mineral oil treatment.
IMG_1237.jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-09-01 at 2.15.20 PM.png

IMG_1256.jpeg
IMG_1322.jpeg
IMG_1379.jpeg
IMG_1380.jpeg

The design-
I reached out to a friend from the hometown to come up with the design. She is a graphic designer by trade so I figured it wouldn't be too hard a project. I sent the idea of 1940's tow truck along with some pictures of custom chips for reference. Thanks to everyones feedback on which of the 5 designs to go with.

The labels-
I saw a thread here where @Okku offered his label services thru @Spinettis Gaming. I contacted them thru their website and within a week Oscar had my labels shipped out to me. Very happy with their services and prices. I went with the non-laminated labels to save some of the cost.
IMG_1621.jpeg
IMG_1622.jpeg

Now the chips!

IMG_1649.jpeg
IMG_1650.jpeg
IMG_1643.jpeg
IMG_1641.jpeg
IMG_1635.jpeg

IMG_1638.jpeg

Last edited:

“Lupton Garage” as a theme was born out of a quest to create a set that reflected and paid respect to the town/village I grew up in, Lupton, MI. This was a true labor of love in all aspects of this project. From the chips to the design.

The chips-

Got 2 sets of starbursts off of facebook marketplace. One set was sold by a few brothers whose Dad played a bunch of low-ball back in the day.View attachment 1380331View attachment 1380333
The second set came from a junk guy outside of Baton Rouge, LA. He found them at an abandoned backyard craps game. He said the chips were still stacked up on the table and there were drinks that were sitting with booze still in them. It was as if they got raided and the place didn't get touched for years. The chips were dusty and some were stained but they were in really good shape otherwise.View attachment 1380338View attachment 1380340

Two other add-ons were 160 peach starbursts and around 200 pink starbursts. And a rack of random colored roulette chips I picked up on marketplace. View attachment 1380342View attachment 1380347

These all got milled by me. I had to soak some of the reds, greens and whites in peroxide. All the chips went thru the ultra-sonic cleaner and mineral oil treatment.
View attachment 1380343View attachment 1380344View attachment 1380345View attachment 1380346

The design-
I reached out to a friend from the hometown to come up with the design. She is a graphic designer by trade so I figured it wouldn't be too hard a project. I sent the idea of 1940's tow truck along with some pictures of custom chips for reference. Thanks to everyones input on which of the 6 designs to go with.

The labels-
I saw a thread here where @Okku offered his label services thru @Spinettis Gaming. I contacted them thru their website and within a week Oscar had my labels shipped out to me. Very happy with their services and prices. I went with the non-laminated labels to save some of the cost.
View attachment 1380359View attachment 1380360

Now the chips!

View attachment 1380370View attachment 1380371View attachment 1380369View attachment 1380368View attachment 1380367
Yes! They look soooooo good! Huge congrats! Love to see it!

“Lupton Garage” as a theme was born out of a quest to create a set that reflected and paid respect to the town/village I grew up in, Lupton, MI. The garage was in business from the 1940's until just a few years ago. It was one of the last businesses that were open in the town proper. The garage was closed for a few years and falling apart. It was razzed this past spring.

This was a true labor of love in all aspects of this project. From the chips to the design.

The chips-

Got 2 sets of starbursts off of facebook marketplace. One set was sold by a few brothers whose Dad played a bunch of low-ball back in the day.View attachment 1380331View attachment 1380333
The second set came from a junk guy outside of Baton Rouge, LA. He found them at an abandoned backyard craps game. He said the chips were still stacked up on the table and there were drinks that were sitting with booze still in them. It was as if they got raided and the place didn't get touched for years. The chips were dusty and some were stained but they were in really good shape otherwise.View attachment 1380338View attachment 1380340

Two other add-ons were 160 peach starbursts and around 200 pink starbursts. And a rack of random colored roulette chips I picked up on marketplace. View attachment 1380342View attachment 1380347

View attachment 1380343View attachment 1380344View attachment 1380345View attachment 1380346

The design-
I reached out to a friend from the hometown to come up with the design. She is a graphic designer by trade so I figured it wouldn't be too hard a project. I sent the idea of 1940's tow truck along with some pictures of custom chips for reference. Thanks to everyones feedback on which of the 6 designs to go with.

The labels-
View attachment 1380359View attachment 1380360

Now the chips!

View attachment 1380370View attachment 1380371View attachment 1380369View attachment 1380368View attachment 1380367
We appreciate it! They look amazing!

These look amazing. Love that $20!
Yes one of my favorites as well. One day we may get it in play…

The color set up isn’t optimal but I worked with what I had. Was torn between using the reds as $5 and the browns as .5c.
Decided on the reds getting more action as the nickel.
Prefer to have another rack of white $1’s but they are pricey.

What a before and after. Excellent work. Looks great.

I am curious about the peroxide bath. Did any of your whites have a yellowing appearance that that fixed or were they just dirty?

They had a darker stain around the edges. Some dark stains on a few chips faces. No yellowing. The peroxide pulled a ton of the stains out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom