Magic eraser on leaded chips safe? (2 Viewers)

LawdyD

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
Is it safe to use a magic eraser to clean leaded chips? It’s mildly abrasive and does create a dust that is suspended in the water solution. Lead can be absorbed through the skin, but to what degree I do not know. Should this be avoided?

I do it daily. But don't be grinding on them, use a magic eraser, tons of soap and water, light pressure, and just 1 or 2 passes. If your taking off material, you are doing something very wrong.

I do it daily. But don't be grinding on them, use a magic eraser, tons of soap and water, light pressure, and just 1 or 2 passes. If your taking off material, you are doing something very wrong.
When dipping eraser back in water it does appear it is removing material

When dipping eraser back in water it does appear it is removing material
You might get some color leaching, but again, you don't need to use much pressure. Magic erasers really just make it easier to remove hooker juice and stay away from the face by giving you more control than a scrubber.

Is this the grinding from Danny you were talking about?

I would encourage you to do some testing, and I would start with warm water and diluted liquid soap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom