Need some input and help with chip design (1 Viewer)

bluffnbandit

Waiting List
Reaction score
I don’t really have much experience with designing these so I was hoping I could get some feedback as well as any tips on how to convert these images into AI files for a Tina order. Additionally if anyone has some suggestions to make the design pop a little more I’m all ears!

Attachments

• IMG_0676.png
    IMG_0676.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 22BA6C6E-9D37-4057-BA36-727756CA7038.jpeg
    22BA6C6E-9D37-4057-BA36-727756CA7038.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 767E59EE-4756-4948-9D5F-0B07478DBECC.jpeg
    767E59EE-4756-4948-9D5F-0B07478DBECC.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 840055DB-A67A-45C2-A3FE-AD5211D5133D.jpeg
    840055DB-A67A-45C2-A3FE-AD5211D5133D.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 994EB59E-4EDE-40A0-9C81-AA9860E8C227.jpeg
    994EB59E-4EDE-40A0-9C81-AA9860E8C227.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 45
  • 4AA098D8-C6F7-49DD-A944-10BBD842BFE4.jpeg
    4AA098D8-C6F7-49DD-A944-10BBD842BFE4.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 6E765CEA-0E4A-47D0-A792-6645E479201B.jpeg
    6E765CEA-0E4A-47D0-A792-6645E479201B.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 62
Personally i’m very fond of white inlays and feel they always make a design stand out a bit more. Also inlays with a lighter color of the chip color look snazzy as well

I don’t really have much experience with designing these so I was hoping I could get some feedback as well as any tips on how to convert these images into AI files for a Tina order. Additionally if anyone has some suggestions to make the design pop a little more I’m all ears!
I like the design. I prefer bigger denominations but the logo is cool, and once you play a few hands, you associate the color most of the time.

Not sure the other saving options from that design tool other than taking screenshots. .ai and .pdf are the exact same type and interchangable if that helps. There are many free vector programs that you can try to duplicate the design with, too.
I might be able to help you out for a few bucks as I was a graphic designer for a career back in the day.

If you're going to have TINA print these chips, then I'd recommend going with the Paulson Chip design tool FOUND HERE!

You'll have more vibrant color options, and different (some similar) spot options.

The star feels like it's limiting your use of space effectively. There are big gaping visual holes on the left and right sides. All the text feels squished. I don't think the star is helping you here, and it feels like it's detracting from the groovy little illustration.

Personally i’m very fond of white inlays and feel they always make a design stand out a bit more. Also inlays with a lighter color of the chip color look snazzy as well

Really depends on the chip design. Some of my favorite designs are black inlays.

Jeepology has quite possibly the best poker chip design I've seen here so far. ...and I've seen a LOT in my short time here.

I've also seen great chip design with white inlays.

In this case, I don't think the black inlay is helping the Raccoon illustration pop.

Last edited:
The star feels like it's limiting your use of space effectively. There are big gaping visual holes on the left and right sides. All the text feels squished. I don't think the star is helping you here, and it feels like it's detracting from the groovy little illustration.

In this case, I don't think the black inlay is helping the Raccoon illustration pop.

I agree with both of these points. I also think something as simple as a different font for the denom could add some visual interest.

If you're going to have TINA print these chips, then I'd recommend going with the Paulson Chip design tool FOUND HERE!

You'll have more vibrant color options, and different (some similar) spot options.

Really depends on the chip design. Some of my favorite designs are black inlays.

Jeepology has quite possibly the best poker chip design I've seen here so far. ...and I've seen a LOT in my short time here.

I've also seen great chip design with white inlays.

The Paulson chip design tool does not create artwork that Tina requires for print. You’ll need to re-create the chips, spots and edges in a vector-based art program.

The Paulson chip design tool does not create artwork that Tina requires for print. You’ll need to re-create the chips, spots and edges in a vector-based art program.

Correct. I was pointing out that you have other options, not creating final art.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom