New from California (1 Viewer)

Welcome! What stakes do you spread at your home game? Smaller than the stakes at the card room?

Gotta show some pics of your room and table now

Welcome!! Lots of great resources here and some awesome chippers in the SoCal region!! Enjoy the rabbit hole!! :)

Welcome! What stakes do you spread at your home game? Smaller than the stakes at the card room?

Gotta show some pics of your room and table now
Just doing 1,2 cash games. Wish I had room for a bigger/nicer table. I had to learn tournament poker for work and my friends helped me by playing a couple games. They tipped well so I bought this table used. I bought some Monte Carlo chips for this weeks game because we were running out of dice chips and had cash on the table. I also added a wheel for people to spin every 45 mins to do themed games like bomb pot or a chance to win a prize. Added a jackpot that we’ll roll until someone hits. I think I’ll switch it to bad beat jackpot after and rotate. I was worried people weren’t going to like the themed games but they couldn’t wait to spin the wheel lol!

Welcome!! Lots of great resources here and some awesome chippers in the SoCal region!! Enjoy the rabbit hole!! :)
Rabbit hole for sure! I spent a week hawking this forum and on google until I decided I can only afford monte carlos for now lol. Def going to buy some cool buttons when I can hit the classifieds

I added the 7 Deuce game as a permanent rule. It hit once last night and they loved it! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_8367.jpeg
    IMG_8367.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 39
Just doing 1,2 cash games. Wish I had room for a bigger/nicer table. I had to learn tournament poker for work and my friends helped me by playing a couple games. They tipped well so I bought this table used. I bought some Monte Carlo chips for this weeks game because we were running out of dice chips and had cash on the table. I also added a wheel for people to spin every 45 mins to do themed games like bomb pot or a chance to win a prize. Added a jackpot that we’ll roll until someone hits. I think I’ll switch it to bad beat jackpot after and rotate. I was worried people weren’t going to like the themed games but they couldn’t wait to spin the wheel lol!
That's great. All the extra bells and whistles will be appreciated by your players. That table is serviceable for sure though.

Welcome to PCF. I'm in Southern California too (Long Beach area). The Monte Carlo chips are my favorite alternate chips in my collection. I have about 1800 of them (low limit $1, $5, $10, $25) and the tournament set ($25, $100, $500, $1000, $5000, and $10,000). The tournament set just has an insanely nice color pop to it. If you are ever interested in more of the low limit $1, $2, $5, $10 chips let me know.

We have some people that are dealers like yourself. All I can say is hats off to you. One of the games they play is Omaha Hi Low and damn is it hard for me to keep track of pots and splits. I haven't even gotten wrapped my arms around the new Big Blind Ante structure yet for No Limit Holdem.

Welcome to PCF. I'm in Southern California too (Long Beach area). The Monte Carlo chips are my favorite alternate chips in my collection. I have about 1800 of them (low limit $1, $5, $10, $25) and the tournament set ($25, $100, $500, $1000, $5000, and $10,000). The tournament set just has an insanely nice color pop to it. If you are ever interested in more of the low limit $1, $2, $5, $10 chips let me know.

We have some people that are dealers like yourself. All I can say is hats off to you. One of the games they play is Omaha Hi Low and damn is it hard for me to keep track of pots and splits. I haven't even gotten wrapped my arms around the new Big Blind Ante structure yet for No Limit Holdem.
I’ll definitely keep you in mind if I need more chips! I bought about 3k in chip value so we should be good but people are starting to buy in for more and more now to have bluffing power

Were these the type of Monte Carlo chips you bought? These are the heavier 14g type.

One thing I have learned with the Monte Carlo chips is that if you buy them months apart, the pigmentation on their manufacturing changes significantly. I remember buying more $5 chips less than a year later and they looked completely different from the first batch. I ended up scratching the first early batch (they were a darker red/burgandy with less pop) and had to buy a completely new set of the $5 chips (the ones you see here with brighter red). Over the years I saw the many differences in shading on these chips when I would stop by the defunct Poker Store that was once in Garden Grove, CA.

Attachments

• DSC07208.JPG
    DSC07208.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC07209.JPG
    DSC07209.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 26
Were these the type of Monte Carlo chips you bought? These are the heavier 14g type.

One thing I have learned with the Monte Carlo chips is that if you buy them months apart, the pigmentation on their manufacturing changes significantly. I remember buying more $5 chips less than a year later and they looked completely different from the first batch. I ended up scratching the first early batch (they were a darker red/burgandy with less pop) and had to buy a completely new set of the $5 chips (the ones you see here with brighter red). Over the years I saw the many differences in shading on these chips when I would stop by the defunct Poker Store that was once in Garden Grove, CA.
Yeah I have the 14gs. Unfortunately they’re burgundy lol. Yours looks way better haha

That's great. All the extra bells and whistles will be appreciated by your players. That table is serviceable for sure though.
May I see your room and table? Others are welcome to show theirs too. Interested in getting some ideas for the future (and I also need a few more posts :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:)

Got the 8x4 table for the outside game.
IMG_1503.jpeg
IMG_0782.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg
IMG_0990.jpeg
IMG_1440.jpeg
Mancave set-up. I got a 48 inch round table for a second table. Hot dog roller is a must.

And then I got all my milled starbursts waiting for my custom labels. Also got the custom HCL set of plastics. Oh yeah can’t forget the custom Chanman layout.
IMG_1412.jpeg

Got the 8x4 table for the outside game.View attachment 1358012View attachment 1358013View attachment 1358014View attachment 1358015View attachment 1358016Mancave set-up. I got a 48 inch round table for a second table. Hot dog roller is a must.

And then I got all my milled starbursts waiting for my custom labels. Also got the custom HCL set of plastics. Oh yeah can’t forget the custom Chanman layout.View attachment 1358017
Awesome cave and never thought about a hot dog roller! Adding that for sure lol

Hard to believe the last 3 table tournament I had was November 2019 before COVID. Those are my WSOP tribute chips with the 43mm $1,000,000 denomination. The $500k have since been custom upgraded to 43mm chips as well and I had some 43mm $5,000,000 chips made. One of these days I'll get back to my tournaments. Anybody that's ever set one up knows it is a lot of damn work!!!

The red poker table is in a dedicated room where I have my Gambler's Inc TV running a nonstop stream of poker only movies with the second TV running whatever sports or show everybody else wants.

Attachments

• 3 Table Tournament 1.jpg
    3 Table Tournament 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 3 Table Tournament 2.jpg
    3 Table Tournament 2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 3 Table Tournament 3.JPG
    3 Table Tournament 3.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Poker Room #2.jpg
    Poker Room #2.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 18
Hard to believe the last 3 table tournament I had was November 2019 before COVID. Those are my WSOP tribute chips with the 43mm $1,000,000 denomination. The $500k have since been custom upgraded to 43mm chips as well and I had some 43mm $5,000,000 chips made. One of these days I'll get back to my tournaments. Anybody that's ever set one up knows it is a lot of damn work!!!

The red poker table is in a dedicated room where I have my Gambler's Inc TV running a nonstop stream of poker only movies with the second TV running whatever sports or show everybody else wants.
Badass room you got there. Very nice!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom