New in Chicago (1 Viewer)

deadmoney88

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just moved (back) to Chicago from California after almost a decade on the west coast. I got involved in a pretty regular game out there, but am looking into playing over here. I'm also considering starting my own game for some of my friends that I know like to play but aren't regular players, which lead me to looking into buying chips, which led me to this fine forum.

I can already tell this is going to be an expensive habit...

Welcome to PCF !
Yes, it's expensive, but it's so much fun!

So are you looking at clay? Or some ceramic or hybrid options? Everyone starts with ceramics/hybrids, some never feel the need to move up to clay.

If you want clay, skip the ceramic/hybrid step and jump right to clay.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Welcome. What kind of chips did your games in CA have?
They used real clay. The guy that ran the game ended up with a pretty serious poker chip habit. I feel like he would end up with different sets about once per year. I played in that game for probably about 3 years and know we used at least 3 different sets over that time. Two variants for cash games and one for tournaments.

So are you looking at clay? Or some ceramic or hybrid options? Everyone starts with ceramics/hybrids, some never feel the need to move up to clay.

If you want clay, skip the ceramic/hybrid step and jump right to clay.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
I'm leaning towards clay. That's what I played with in California and I enjoyed the feel, but I know ceramics/hybrids are more affordable and I don't know if I'm discerning enough to really notice a huge difference. But my general philosophy with things like this is I should buy the best I can afford instead of buying something cheaper only to feel the need to upgrade later. And I know they'll get use, so I'm not worried about it being a total loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom