New member from Riga, Latvia / CLT/CH North Carolina (1 Viewer)

roblewi

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new member, semi-long-time stalker of PCF here. I'm 20 years old and currently abroad in Riga, Latvia, but I normally reside in Charlotte, North Carolina and specifically go to UNC Chapel Hill. I love playing poker, mostly cash, and I've been hosting games for about six months now. I am joining because I really want to upgrade my chip/card collection and enhance my home games. I currently just run with one of the stock chipsets from Amazon, but I've been particularly interested in getting a better playing set recently. If anyone has any recommendations or anything to say, happy to make some connections :)

Edit: I'm also super interested in looking at various chipsets/cards/tables, etc. Preferably not super high end, but I don't mind dropping a little bit of a pretty penny (although I won't be buying a set of Ojibwa's or anything anytime soon, haha). Please send if you have any cool recs!!

Welcome! You can go as crazy as you can afford when it comes to chips. Most people here recommend buying samples. My suggestion find out what you like and can afford on a college budget then force your friends to play with them they shouldn't care too much. Poker in college for my friends was just an excuse to stay in and drink cheaper than the bars or a strategy to get loaded before the bars then spend the winnings. We only played with dice chips and were none the wiser sorry you found this place so early...

Here's a previous thread where @allforcharity and others helped me greatly figure out a chip breakdown before I jumped in myself. I'm not sure what stakes you guys play for but typically $20-$25 was a friendly casual buy in for our group and still is. Small enough where new players sat down to learn and no one got put in the poor house but high enough to keep your drunk and high friends paying attention to the game.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...t-recommendation-and-denom-break-down.119836/

Greetings!! When do you come back to the states? There is something in Latvia I’d like if you could pick it up for me.

Welcome! You can go as crazy as you can afford when it comes to chips. Most people here recommend buying samples. My suggestion find out what you like and can afford on a college budget then force your friends to play with them they shouldn't care too much. Poker in college for my friends was just an excuse to stay in and drink cheaper than the bars or a strategy to get loaded before the bars then spend the winnings. We only played with dice chips and were none the wiser sorry you found this place so early...

Here's a previous thread where @allforcharity and others helped me greatly figure out a chip breakdown before I jumped in myself. I'm not sure what stakes you guys play for but typically $20-$25 was a friendly casual buy in for our group and still is. Small enough where new players sat down to learn and no one got put in the poor house but high enough to keep your drunk and high friends paying attention to the game.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...t-recommendation-and-denom-break-down.119836/
Well, while we are mostly just playing for fun, we occasionally have bigger games that are more "profit-based" (basically, we invite the rich exchange kids and compete for their money). Usually these nights we play higher stakes, so I want to be able to accommodate that. Furthermore, I am actually one of the founders of the UNC Poker Club and so I wanted to get some custom chips that can be kind of "professional" for club events (such as tourneys or invites).

Thanks for your help! We like to play a bit bigger, but usually no bigger than $80-$100 buyins. :)

Greetings!! When do you come back to the states? There is something in Latvia I’d like if you could pick it up for me.
Hey! I return in early August. I don't know if you can send me a private message yet, but if you can then I'll get back to you ASAP.

Hello and welcome. Just moved to the Charlotte area from California in June and so far i’m enjoying myself! Let me know when you’re back in Charlotte and I can show you my custom table, custom CPC chips, and custom Tina ceramic chips.

Happy to hear! I'd love to play with some custom chips. Maybe I can attend a game before I go back to Chapel Hill for college. I get back to CLT on 8/4 and go out to college about two weeks after that, probably. Let me know if anythings going on then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom