New Member Hello (1 Viewer)

callitshiny

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I haven’t played poker since high school, when my buddies and I used to have small-stakes games in the locker room at my dad’s country club. That was a long time ago, but the boys still remember those as good times. Not sure if we were supposed to be smoking cigars down there, but we never got kicked out!

Recently, my wife and I have been cutting down on screen time—just doesn’t feel like it’s doing us any good—so we’ve been diving into board games and really want to start playing poker again.

Glad to be here and looking forward to a crash course and maybe securing some unique chips to make the game atmosphere at our house memorable.

Welcome! Sounds like fun. My wife doesn't play poker but likes other card games. So at least I have an excuse to try out a bunch of cool setups from here.

I’ve been exploring the forum and reading everything I can and... wow, overwhelming!

I am going to start ordering samples and see where that takes me. Are there any generally recommended samples? My wife and I like Pharaoh and Majestic CC's from Apache and want a 5 cent chip for the groups who want a smaller stakes game.

It seems the general consensus is that group buys from Broken Arrow are the best option in the $0.50 per chip range, but I am having a hard time figuring out how those group buys work, especially if I would like custom denominations like $20 instead of $25 etc.

Is there a thread that covers some of this and maybe discusses the differences between the different mold patterns?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom