Newer Apache China clay longevity (1 Viewer)

dylanthepiguy2

Waiting List
Reaction score
I’ve heard that the older chips like Milanos can start to crumble after a few years after reading some posts. I’ve also heard that the new chips like Royals have a higher plastic content in them, so I would imagine they would be stronger in the long run.

Anyone got a set of Royals or Bank for a few years? How are they holding up?

I’ve had the majestics for about a year and a half (maybe longer, I can’t remember) and have no issue with them. Plenty of craps playing and a few poker nights.

I have older CPS chips and newer Majestic and Royal for years now and yes the newer CC flavors have been holding up fine vs the older which did some flaking/crumbling/fading

Oh good good!
Have the edges worn down a lot? I see some pictures of majestics where the chip’s edges look 100% curved but that might just be on camera

You use the royals a lot?
The china clays have a chamfered edge, so it looks rounded. From my experience I haven’t seen any chipping or wearing.

yeah they just look like that it is not wear. I have not used them enough times to be worn only like 20-30 times.

I bought 600 Pharoahs chips from Apache back in 2021 and they have been used once a month ever since. They have held up well with the exception that roughly 25-30% of the $1 chips (and only the $1 chips) have had the labels bubble. I'm not sure if they were like that when I got them since I didn't really notice they were like that until a month or two after I got them. I was worried at first since I assumed they were going to peel off eventually, but they have all stayed on, they just have bubbled in spots. They do look "cheaper" and it always bugs me. Luckily, nobody else in my game notices them (or hasn't said anything) I did always think it was weird it was only the $1 chips (didn't happen to any of the .25/$5/$25/$100 chips) so I'm guessing there was some slight manufacturing error on some of those specific labels.

The chips themselves have held up though. None have broken/chipped and they do occasionally get dropped on the ground.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom