Odd pattern on RHC Hot Stamps (2 Viewers)

Marshall18

Sitting Out
Reaction score
New chipper here with my first set of clay chips. Has anyone come across this and know what’s causing this splotchy pattern on my chips. Some are a clean solid look and others are splotchy. I see this mostly on the bright colored chips and hardly at all on the white, reds and black that are less bright in color.

Left side is what I’m calling splotchy and right is normal.

The previous owner bought the straight from The Chip Room sale and has never oiled them.

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 117
I noticed this as well on a set of hotstamped Diamond Jacks that I’ve since sold. That set included white, red, green and black chips. The green ones had that same splotchy pattern. Super curious so I’ll be following this thread to see if anyone knows what it is

I've seen this with BCC too, just part of the uniqueness of clay I guess
YES! I knew I’d seen it before, but I couldn’t remember exactly where. Some of the BCC Fun Nite hot stamp chips were like that.

I can’t remember if oiling helped - I feel like oiling made it less noticeable but I dont remember for sure.

I've seen this with BCC too, just part of the uniqueness of clay I guess
It happens on all chips. Hot stamps just get noticed more because you have more area that's open. BCCs have them alot, and older Paulson's. I always figured it was from temp during storage. Oiling helps, but the faint lines will always be there in some fashion. But it's super common on certain colours (alot of pinks and purples) of older clay.

It’s affectionately known as “marbling” and is a completely normal occurrence on compressed chips.
If you search for marbling, you’ll see lots of posts, just ignore the steak thread. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I wasn’t sure how to search for this so appreciate you chiming in on the “marbling” terminology.

I also found out today there is an area to discuss steak!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom