Ordering from poker chips.com (1 Viewer)

Bassmaster0726

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from poker chips.com recently? I made and order and paid $70 for 3 day delivery and it’s been 4 days now and still don’t have a tracking number. Wondering if there even still in business.

I haven’t ordered from them but their website doesn’t seem like they offer any really great deals. Lots of “coming soon” chips, and the ones they do offer are overpriced, imo.

I have stopped by the pokerchips.com website in the past and it scared me off very quickly each time. Other than their supposedly custom chips basically every single other product on their site just says "Coming Soon" which seems shady to me. And then as @Colquhoun mentioned, even their custom chips appear to be overpriced and fairly suspect in terms of quality. I mean if you poke your head around PCF at all you are going to see over and over and over again how every single member here recommends getting samples of chips before you actually commit to placing a full order. That way you can see and feel the various materials, molds, labels & inlays, etc. to get a very good idea of exactly what you'll be happy with long term. And for this precise reason virtually all reputable poker chip companies - even the ones in China - offer you the opportunity to buy sample sets for just a few bucks. Yet I don't see the ability to order samples listed anywhere on these folks' website.

I hate to say it, but I have a very strong feeling that this company doesn't specialize in making poker chips that were truly designed to actually be played with. Instead, I think they basically just make chips for corporate clients that want to have small promotional items on hand for business purposes. As an example, every Harley Davidson dealership in the US has their very own custom poker chip that you can buy for a few dollars. And many bikers go crazy collecting and trading these chips as they travel around the country. Or a bar/pub owner might want a custom chip that they can use as free drink markers for patrons. Or some organization that is holding its annual conference might want to give each attendee a commemorative chip. Just random promotional crap like that.

But in those cases most people won't even really care if the chip is very high quality or not... I mean it isn't going to be used to actually play poker anyway. Instead, those chips are basically just glorified advertisements and so the customer's main concern is just making sure that their corporate logo or custom artwork printed out well. If I am right that this is what the pokerchips.com people "specialize" in then that would explain why they don't seem to carry any poker supplies that you'd need to actually play a real game (e.g. they don't sell chip racks, playing cards, poker tables or table tops, card shufflers, etc.). And it's a given that most corporate clients aren't going to shop around very much when it comes to buying promotional crap like this... they'll just go with the first vendor they stumble upon and pay whatever it costs. So these folks took advantage of that fact by acquiring the most generic web domain possible - pokerchips.com - and then overcharging for their subpar products. Ahhhh late stage capitalism at its finest... you gotta love it LOL.

Please note that I really hope that I'm entirely wrong here @Bassmaster0726. I truly do hope for your sake that they give you tracking info ASAP, and that your chips then arrive promptly, and that the chips exceed your expectations in every possible way. But the above is just the impression that I've gotten from browsing their website a couple of times. Good luck with the order though!

Last edited:
If it makes you feel better at all just know that even 100% legit poker chip companies are experiencing order delays right now, so those buyers are waiting extra long as well.

Like we’ve had multiple members state that BR Poker Pro is currently taking 3-4 weeks to get most orders delivered. And the Chinese company that many members here order our custom chips from - you’ll see them referred to as “Tina Chips” - typically takes a full two months to deliver chips. And both of those chip makers are companies that everyone at PCF loves and trusts.

So I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. Just because it’s been a few days with no word from them doesn’t mean that they are necessarily a fly-by-night scam company. I mean even in my earlier post I wasn’t suggesting that this company will just take people’s money and run. Instead I was suggesting that they probably just make fairly low quality chips designed for promotional and marketing purposes… not high quality chips designed to actually play poker with. They’ll likely be what most of us refer to as “metal slug” chips which are made of cheap plastic with a bit of metal inside to give them an artificial heft. Kind of like the chips available from a million different sellers on Amazon, but yours will have your custom artwork.

But I admit that all of this is really just a total guess on my part. I don’t know if anyone from here has ever actually ordered from pokerchips.com due to having concerns like mine. But good luck again with your chip order!

If it makes you feel better at all just know that even 100% legit poker chip companies are experiencing order delays right now, so those buyers are waiting extra long as well.

Like we’ve had multiple members state that BR Poker Pro is currently taking 3-4 weeks to get most orders delivered. And the Chinese company that many members here order our custom chips from - you’ll see them referred to as “Tina Chips” - typically takes a full two months to deliver chips. And both of those chip makers are companies that everyone at PCF loves and trusts.

So I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. Just because it’s been a few days with no word from them doesn’t mean that they are necessarily a fly-by-night scam company. I mean even in my earlier post I wasn’t suggesting that this company will just take people’s money and run. Instead I was suggesting that they probably just make fairly low quality chips designed for promotional and marketing purposes… not high quality chips designed to actually play poker with. They’ll likely be what most of us refer to as “metal slug” chips which are made of cheap plastic with a bit of metal inside to give them an artificial heft. Kind of like the chips available from a million different sellers on Amazon, but yours will have your custom artwork.

But I admit that all of this is really just a total guess on my part. I don’t know if anyone from here has ever actually ordered from pokerchips.com due to having concerns like mine. But good luck again with your chip order!
They weren’t custom the ones I bought were the cheap show down chips. I currently have a 1200 chip order in with Tina right now. I found her directly before I even knew that people do group orders through her, so I think I found the right supplier for chips.

They could be scammy. Or alternatively, this is an important lesson in e-commerce that shipping time =/= handling time. When you pay a premium at checkout it’s almost always for expedited shipping by the postal vendor and the order is handled by the seller like any other. If you order overnight shipping on a Friday night you still might not get it till Thursday if they don’t show up to work until Wednesday (a hyperbolic example).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom