Original Nevada Jacks (ONJ) (~2005) (1 Viewer)

bullets

Two Pair
Reaction score
I am relatively new to the forum... So, this may have already been discussed...

I have several (~500) Nevada Jacks (I think aka "Original Nevada Jacks" (ONJ) now) of various denominations that I bought around 2005. I am looking to sell this set, but I don't know the current value or desirability.

Are the "newer" Nevada Jacks better or worse than these "original" ones? (I have not seen in person the most recent version of Nevada Jacks.)

Does anyone know the relative sale price I could expect to get for selling ONJ chips these? Any thoughts are appreciated.

@Kain8 has mostly older NJs, but he does have a sample of the newer ones. If I recall, the new ones have a slight design change, the colors pop more, and the lines are sharper. The older ones are generally more faded. That said, I prefer the older ones better.

In terms of price, they typically sell in the 25 to 35 cent range per chip on PCF (closer to 25 cents lately).

Your best bet might be to post some pictures. I think of Original Nevada Jacks as those that were made by ASM

You guys are fast... Thanks for the initial comments.

Here are some pictures of my actual chips. These are a very nice chip to play with.

NJ 1 dolllar chip (20).JPG
NJ 5 dolllar chip (20).JPG
NJ 25 dolllar chip (20).JPG
NJ 100 dolllar chip (20).JPG
NJ 500 dolllar chip (20).JPG

There used to be loads of them going about, back in the day. Poker source online (I think) offered them as sign up freebies to online poker sites once you had played enough qualifying hands. I quite liked them although always thought they looked a bit blurry.

I have a long-standing rule of no skulls, zombies, cartoons, cowboys, dice, or cards on my chips. Original art by @Poker Zombie is the only exception. :)

What about a ying yang or bad ass dragon?

(all of these sound like bad tattoos) ;)

There used to be loads of them going about, back in the day. Poker source online (I think) offered them as sign up freebies to online poker sites once you had played enough qualifying hands. I quite liked them although always thought they looked a bit blurry.

I miss my old NJs and Desert Sands. I feel there has to be a tonne of them around somewhere but I never see them on eBay or kijiji.

EDIT: Just checked out pokersource and they still have NJs and Desert Sands. Tempting to grind out a set.

Last edited:
I miss my old NJs and Desert Sands. I feel there has to be a tonne of them around somewhere but I never see them on eBay or kijiji.

EDIT: Just checked out pokersource and they still have NJs and Desert Sands. Tempting to grind out a set.

I've thought the same thing. Nevada Jacks and Desert Sands were my first "high end" sets. I've often thought about picking one up just for nostalgia reasons. Honestly, they would never see play over the Sunsets or PCNY's.

I have a long-standing rule of no skulls, zombies, cartoons, cowboys, dice, or cards on my chips. Original art by @Poker Zombie is the only exception. :)
So the the full color corpse drawing of Yosemite Sam, inlayed on the DieCard mold, is not actually an option for your next set .....

Last edited:
What about a ying yang or bad ass dragon?
Dragons are cool. @p5woody designed a kick-ass ceramic set. I actually toyed with the idea of a yin/yang set a long time ago.

Forgot to include on my list any chips with photographs as inlays, like PNYs Ritz, etc.

So the the full color corpse drawing of Yosemite Sam, inlayed on the DieCard mold, is not actually an option for your next set .....
Sorry, no.... especially if it was a full color photo of Sam. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom