PCF Fantasy Football 2024 (Salary Cap Draft & Super Flex position) (1 Viewer)

CacheCreekCollector

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the 3rd Season of the $50 Super Flex League gentlemen. PCF = Poker Chip Football League is now open.
https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/4686

I'm expecting all of last season's GMs to return but if you are opting out, kindly let me know so we can recruit another player.

Also please be aware the number of Bench spots has been reduced to 4, and that "Bench player" has been added to the starting lineup as a flex WR/TE. The roster size will still remain at 15 total, except there will be 11 starters and 4 Bench, with 1 IR. All other scoring and settings remain the same from last season. Post here or let me know if you have any questions.

Live-Salary Cap draft on Sunday Sept 1 @ 5:30 PM PST (8:30 PM Eastern)

$50 Buy in. Top 3 paid.
1st - $400
2nd - $200
3rd - $100

League Members
1. @CacheCreekCollector
2. James (non-chipper)
3. @Mondaynight
4. @Josh Kifer
5. @Pinesol13
6. @dpeks13
7. @Mandos
8. @FilthyMcNasty
9. @shorticus
10. @upNdown
11. @Apache

Last edited:
Wow, talk about maximum pain.
The bench felt woefully short last year. This year we’ll lose one of those bench spots AND add a starter? It’s gonna be crazy.
Let’s Gooooooooo!

Just had flashbacks to all my pain and suffering from last year. In a 2 QB league, my QB's throughout the season were:

Kenny Pickett
Anthony Richardson (injured week 4)
Mitch Trubisky
Ryan Tannehill

:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

Wow, talk about maximum pain.
The bench felt woefully short last year. This year we’ll lose one of those bench spots AND add a starter? It’s gonna be crazy.
Let’s Gooooooooo!
Even with a woefully short bench as you describe it @upNdown, folks were still able to maneuver n roster 4 QBs and even multiple defenses at times. I was like sheeeeit, I saw all I needed to see regarding the level of fantasy knowledge/skill among the league.

Instead of maximum pain, it's more like maximum points. Think of it this way the bench player who blew up on Sunday while riding pine last year, is now simply just inserted into the starting lineup. Trust me, it might be crazy but it'll be crazy fun with more points.

Yeah, that's brutal. Ugh.
Haha that's right @Josh Kifer, about as brutal as you kicking ass & taking names in the fantasy playoffs while starting Joe Flacco. Don't worry, you're a pro at this.

I have to think about whether or not I'm ready to get hurt again
N/p, think on it and c how you feel in a couple weeks. Just giving past league members first dibs on returning, however I would like ample time to recruit new players if anyone drops.

Sorry guys, I think I’m going to bow out for this year. Just have too many leagues, and not enough time to pay attention to them.

If you aren’t able to fill the spot, let me know.

Looks like we may have 1, or more open team spots this year. If anybody's looking to join an affordable but very competitive league, pls post your interest or PM for an invitation link.
I really do prefer 14 teams and may decide to not run the league if we don't get a full league.

Sorry guys, I think I’m going to bow out for this year. Just have too many leagues, and not enough time to pay attention to them.

If you aren’t able to fill the spot, let me know.
Yup, thanks for the heads up n GL in your other leagues.

I hope we can get the needed # of teams. This is the only league I'm in that does the salary auction style draft, and it's soooo much better than a snake draft. Super fun league
I hope so too @Pinesol13 but as of now we're in need of 3 (possibly 4) new GMs and that's assuming the remainder of the league is returning.
If we don't get any further interest from PCF in the next few days, I'll open this up to friends & family members as well.

Whaddaya say @dpeks13, R u ready for more emotional damage? Or bailing out?

I'm in. This time I might even draft more than one QB.
:tup: Good to see the champ is back, n ready to defend his title.

I'm out this year. Sorry everyone. Just can't spend on leagues in my current situation right now. Y'all have fun!

Wondering if this is happening? How many spots do we need to fill?
There's 5 team spots open right now and unfortunately I don't believe we're gonna fill them. We can try again next season for those interested but doesn't look like it's happening this year.

Best of luck to you guys in your other leagues.

I hope we can get the needed # of teams. This is the only league I'm in that does the salary auction style draft, and it's soooo much better than a snake draft. Super fun league
Was personally looking fwd to the salary auction style draft as well. Or, the "most exciting 50 bucks" u can spend on a fantasy league as I like to call it.

Wait, I can get nonPCFers if we wanna keep the league. We don’t need to cancel it.

Is there any reason not to make it a 12 team league? Super flex auction with an extra flex spot is already different enough from most leagues that it would still be a challenge with 12 imo. Obviously we'd still need to get 1 more but that's easier than 3. @CacheCreekCollector are you dead set on not running it at less than 14?

Is there any reason not to make it a 12 team league? Super flex auction with an extra flex spot is already different enough from most leagues that it would still be a challenge with 12 imo. Obviously we'd still need to get 1 more but that's easier than 3. @CacheCreekCollector are you dead set on not running it at less than 14?
I genuinely prefer 14 teams for more parity among the league's scheduling & to have the play-offs without any 1st round byes.
But if folks want to go with 12 teams it's doable however, we're currently at 7 filled spots since I've not seen @FilthyMcNasty or @Apache chime in yet.

League Members
1. @CacheCreekCollector
2. James (non-chipper)
3. @Mondaynight
4. @Mandos
5. @Pinesol13
6. @shorticus
7. @upNdown
8. @FilthyMcNasty (?)
9. @Apache (?)

I can't edit the OP anymore but I did move the draft to Monday Sept 2, 5 PM pacific (8 PM eastern).
If ya'll can recruit some more players within the next 48 hrs, we can go forward with the draft. If there's not enough interest no worries, we'll shoot for next season.

IMO first round byes are a plus since it incentivizes better regular season performance

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom