Pitching poker size cards (2 Viewers)

thegioserg

Sitting Out
Reaction score

Do you have any tips on pitching poker size cards?​

I’m decent at pitching bridge size copags. Now, I’m having trouble since I switched to poker size Desjgn:
  1. The stub is much harder to hold. (Small hands?)
  2. I keep snagging two cards from the stub instead of one.
  3. Bringing the board is harder for some reason from the stub. I haven’t figured that out yet.
I wish there was a magic size between poker and bridge size…

Desjgn have a lot more texture, may also be adjusting to the grit between cards. COPAGs are pretty slippery comparatively, might not be all size.

Lotta spin on them across the table works best for me.

And bringing the board, you mean dealing three then flipping them over?

Desjgn have a lot more texture, may also be adjusting to the grit between cards. COPAGs are pretty slippery comparatively, might not be all size.

Lotta spin on them across the table works best for me.

And bringing the board, you mean dealing three then flipping them over?
I didn’t even think about the grit being the problem. That combined with my smaller hands is probably the problem to all three.

Yes. Getting the first three cards feels awkward and clumsy on these cards. I am awkward and clumsy with these cards.

I didn’t even think about the grit being the problem. That combined with my smaller hands is probably the problem to all three.

Yes. Getting the first three cards feels awkward and clumsy on these cards. I am awkward and clumsy with these cards.
Hey now, they feel a lot different and just take some getting used to. I started dealing with Bicycle Prestiges which are in between those too. I think most people would have trouble going from smooth COPAGs to Desjgn, some of the most textured cards. Love those cards though!

Snapping them down just takes some getting used to. When you count them before a game, count in stacks of three, get that muscle memory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom