Playing With a Mixed Set (1 Viewer)

emunster18

High Hand
Reaction score
New member here, so I hope this has not been hammered too much and I missed it. I recently got back into hosting a game, alternating between low stakes cash (0.25/0.50 & $1/$1) and tournaments. I use the Nevada Jack Skulls cash & as a T5 tournament set. However, I really like the Nevada Jack Saloon set as well. How silly would it be to add to my set certain denoms in the Saloon set? Also, could you play with the same denoms in both sets at a tourney? As long as they're the same color? The 500s are different, but most everything else is the the same across values. I'm thinking, in case I go from a 2 Table to a 4 Table in the future.

Yeah. Why not. Maybe ppl will tell you useing one set for cash and tourney isn't safe. But if you want to keep playing with chips that can anyone buy it's not very safe anyway.
I think as long as it is a friendly game it should work.

Yeah. Why not. Maybe ppl will tell you useing one set for cash and tourney isn't safe. But if you want to keep playing with chips that can anyone buy it's not very safe anyway.
I think as long as it is a friendly game it should work.
I'm just getting into a rhythm, and don't want to invest that much into multiple full sets as of yet. The game is friendly and mostly people I know directly, with a few friends of friends. Cash games are played with $50-$100 stacks and I don't imagine my friends pocketing a few $5 chips from a tournament to get a leg up in the following months cash game...

I'm sure it happens, and if it happens in my group, the obviously need the $15-$20 more than I do...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom