Poker table topper dimensions (2 Viewers)

binkman12

Reaction score
Hello

I'm planning to build my own folding poker table topper that will fit on top of my 60"x36" dining table. Goal is to follow mainly this video

I'm restricted by my dining room, as I think anything bigger than 84"x42" will be too snug for some of the seats. This is the entire table, so including the rail. The actual play area dimensions will most likely be 76x34 (78x36 for a 3 inch rail)

My question is, is that big enough for 8-9 players? The Barrington poker tables say 84x42, does that mean the length of the entire table is 84 inches? Or just the play area, and then the length of the whole table including rail is more around 92-96 inches? Another question is that since this is just a table topper and the rail won't have cupholders, is 3 inches for the rail too small? I want to maximize play area while keeping the size of the whole table at 84x42

Pretty sure the Barrington measurements are for the full table not just the playing surface.

My (homebrew) table is ~83"x48" on the outside which includes a 6" rail and is pretty comfortable for 8. (It would be ok for 9 but my design is fixed for 8max).

I think a 3" rail is a bit too skinny, ideally I'd shoot for 5" but you might be able to get away with 4" at a push. With a max width of 42" and a 5" rail your playing surface width would be 32" which is workable I think. Mine is 36" and feels fairly generous. My 83" length feels quite long so you have some wiggle room to shorten yours a bit if you need to.

That video is pretty good. I'd change 2 things if I was following it though. Rather than screw the legs directly into the base I'd fix, (wood glue), some batons to the base and fix the legs to those. I'd also try and get the cloth pattern to match either side of the fold, it would be a bit more work but worth it imo.

Correct decision not to have cup holders in the rail, or on the playing surface. The cup holders in the vid are quite cool but have a search on PCF for the magnetic under table ones some here have, they also work well.

Good luck with your build!

Avg playing surface of Barrington is 74x32 and 8 players is probably ideal for it, 9 is doable, and I wouldn't recommend 10. Seems like you'll be fine with a 5" rail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom