Q: Playing surface. (1 Viewer)

nosediceochate

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I'm going to be hosting a game in my new place, different city, new friends, same game, I don't have a playing table here, have you had any experiences with those rolling mats from amazon? will a 71 x 35 in fit 9 players?

thanks

The Amazon toppers will work much better than playing on a dinning room table. I second the recommendation for @rjdev7's custom table toppers though. You can get any design you can come up with. Or select from any of the awesome, already designed toppers. Plus you can order them in all kinds of custom sizes. Way cooler than the standard Amazon topper!

I’ll add in another shoutout for Triton. Had one for about 6 months and it’s been great, not too pricey either so I’d definitely consider that

I'll third the Triton topper to go over a dining room table. RJDEV7's toppers are great but best on an existing poker table that has some padding already. I have both. We use the Triton to go on top of a sunroom table for playing when the weather is warmer and a custom topper from RJ for the poker table in the basement.

Also consider the PCF toppers. They are 6mm thick padding which is the thickest topper I’ve seen, and is great for a dining room table. While they aren’t in stock in the PCF store, you could likely shake one loose with a wanted ad in classifieds

I'll third the Triton topper to go over a dining room table. RJDEV7's toppers are great but best on an existing poker table that has some padding already. I have both. We use the Triton to go on top of a sunroom table for playing when the weather is warmer and a custom topper from RJ for the poker table in the basement.
can you describe the padding on the triton topper? I've tried using two of the RJDev toppers on top of each other on a flat table top, but just didnt have the same ability to grab cards like they do when rolled on top of my barrington. Looking for a dining table roll out option or two.

can you describe the padding on the triton topper? I've tried using two of the RJDev toppers on top of each other on a flat table top, but just didnt have the same ability to grab cards like they do when rolled on top of my barrington. Looking for a dining table roll out option or two.
The bottom surface (padding) is neoprene. The top surface is a very slick nylon-like fabric. I think the issue with grabbing cards is related to how thick the padding is and how much "give" it has. I think the padding and surface on the Triton is the same material as RJDev's, although the top surface may be a little slicker on the Triton topper. I don't know if putting two of his toppers on top of one another provides that same "give" in the padding as the Triton even though that would make the overall thickness the same. You can buy the Triton on Amazon and therefore should be able to return it if it doesn't provide the ability to grab the cards to your liking.

The bottom surface (padding) is neoprene. The top surface is a very slick nylon-like fabric. I think the issue with grabbing cards is related to how thick the padding is and how much "give" it has. I think the padding and surface on the Triton is the same material as RJDev's, although the top surface may be a little slicker on the Triton topper. I don't know if putting two of his toppers on top of one another provides that same "give" in the padding as the Triton even though that would make the overall thickness the same. You can buy the Triton on Amazon and therefore should be able to return it if it doesn't provide the ability to grab the cards to your liking.
that makes sense. the triton tops are just a little off dimension wise for my "multi purpose" table that i'm trying to make a cover for so I may go the RJDev route and make a foam layer underneath it somehow that is removable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom