SOLD Rat Rod Set on the Roman Mold (800 chips).Purge Posting #8 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statesvegas

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
These are likely my favorite looking chips that I presently own, and even these are on the chopping block.

These have all been lightly oiled, and these chips have only seen play once in their 20 plus years of existence. These were sourced from some very large sample purchases I made from CPC, and I just cannot justify keeping them just to look at them once every two weeks when I open the drawer that houses the chips we always play with.

These chips are samples from a huge number chip sets made more than 20 years ago. There are some repeats in the bunch, but the are the exception rather than the norm.

The denominations on these chips are all over the map, as is the artwork on the labels. It's interesting to see the types of businesses that used these chips as advertising pieces.

I wager there is not another set like these in existence. You can leave them as they are, or if you have murder in your heart you can remove these labels with ease and create your own custom set with your own labels. Please do not do that, though, The very thought makes my soul ache.

As they sit, they are an extremely versatile cash set that will cover most games. If it's insufficient to cover your game, you are truly a baller and I am envious.

Blue X 100
While X 200
Red X 300
Green X 100
Black X 100. These are my favorite....

I have some extra Black and Green chips laying around if the purchaser would like them, and they can have them at the same price per chip.

$1.75/chip plus actual shipping to the US only, please. I believe that comes out to $1,400 for the set, plus shipping costs. That sounds low to me, but not everyone loves the Roman Molds like I do.

PP F&F. Racks not included. I am not going to split these up.

More pics of faces or edges upon request. I KNOW I am going to regret this someday.

IF YOU HAVE PLAYERS AT YOUR TABLE THAT ARE COLORBLIND, THESE CHIPS ARE NOT FOR YOU. Trust me, I speak from experience.

IMG_3003.jpeg

All same sized inlays?
Never thought to check. I've handled all of them for oiling, and didnt notice any label being larger than another. They are all from the same 5 year period 20 or so years ago, so I would think they are all the same.

Man, it sounds like you really love these chips (I can see why). I hope everything is okay in your life if you’re choosing to give these up!

Man, it sounds like you really love these chips (I can see why). I hope everything is okay in your life if you’re choosing to give these up!
I appreciate the concern. I just have accumulated way too many things (chips included) that don't get used, and I need to start to declutter. Family is good, health is good, finances are good, attitude is good. Just need to shed some of the extras. After chips, I am starting on the gun room. That is going to be tougher than this....

I'd love to see a quick splash shot or two!
That sounds like a lot of work for somebody that is already in their recliner with their dog on their lap watching the olympics. I would have to go to the basement, clear off the table, position them well, then sort them afterwards. Perhaps tomorrow if they remain unsold at that time.

That sounds like a lot of work for somebody that is already in their recliner with their dog on their lap watching the olympics. I would have to go to the basement, clear off the table, position them well, then sort them afterwards. Perhaps tomorrow if they remain unsold at that time
Can't blame a guy for trying! GLWS, I hope someone else buys them before my curiosity gets the better of me

oh man, the roman mold is another of my favorites but I definitely can't afford this set just now. GLWS and I hope it goes to a good home.

My apologies, but I just did not have time to put a splash pot together with these before boxing them up for shipping.

The purchaser of these chips asked to remain anonymous, but perhaps he/she will be willing to post a splash pot at some future date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom