Tourney Rebuy/value chip (1 Viewer)

Salbino

High Hand
Reaction score
I had an idea of using rebuy chips as starting stack value chips.

Example: starting stack is 20k. Player A gets felted and rebuys so hand them a “rebuy chip” which in this game is now worth 20k and they can bring that to the table and make change with it.

What do you guys think? Only problem I can see is with making change but technically their original 20k in chips are still on the table so…???

You could, but what does a rebuy chip of 20k value accomplish that 4x5k doesn't? Unless there's already a 20k chip in play, it seems confusing to have rebuys introduce a special value of chip that doesn't come into play otherwise.

You could, but what does a rebuy chip of 20k value accomplish that 4x5k doesn't? Unless there's already a 20k chip in play, it seems confusing to have rebuys introduce a special value of chip that doesn't come into play otherwise.
Good point. I guess the only thing this accomplishes is having to buy less chips

Good point. I guess the only thing this accomplishes is having to buy less chips
You can still have a barrel of value chips that are mostly used for re-buys or late game color ups. I just wouldn't have it be the size of an entire buy-in because that's harder to make change for. I have a T50k tournament setup where re-buys get you 5x5k and 1x25k

Example: starting stack is 20k. Player A gets felted and rebuys so hand them a “rebuy chip” which in this game is now worth 20k and they can bring that to the table and make change with it.

What do you guys think? Only problem I can see is with making change but technically their original 20k in chips are still on the table so…???

Player A loses 3k each to 4 different players. and 4k each to 2 different players.
Rebuys, gets a 20k chip. Who does he make change from, that doesn't then cripple that other player into having to make change again?

Don't make it harder than it has to be. And always buy more chips.

Player A loses 3k each to 4 different players. and 4k each to 2 different players.
Rebuys, gets a 20k chip. Who does he make change from, that doesn't then cripple that other player into having to make change again?

Don't make it harder than it has to be. And always buy more chips.
that’s a good point. I’m thinking another barrel or two of chips would be better and won’t break the bank

You can still have a barrel of value chips that are mostly used for re-buys or late game color ups. I just wouldn't have it be the size of an entire buy-in because that's harder to make change for. I have a T50k tournament setup where re-buys get you 5x5k and 1x25k
Right on. I guess a barrel or two more isn’t breaking the bank so better to go that way

Nah. That won't work well. That's having to take enough pieces of others stacks to make a starting stack for 1 person. Too much work and is likely sustainable for 1 rebuy. Just have a few extra chips at the higher denominations, to make change on the table with. 10k, 2x 5k...then make change for a single 5k at the table.

Its fine to introduce a bigger chip on the first rebuy, but not a whole starting stack in a single chip. Way too hard to break it. Should be half a stack (i.e. two big chips) at most. If you were doing 40k to start and dished out two 20ks I think that would be fine.

I do 60k starting/rebuys, and introduce my 25k on the first rebuy (2x 25k, 2x 5k). No issues.

Agreed, plus the 4x5k chips are more likely and frequently to be played than a monster chip that represents a starting hand. But I guess it really depends on how many rebuys there are and how the blinds escalate

Nah. That won't work well. That's having to take enough pieces of others stacks to make a starting stack for 1 person. Too much work and is likely sustainable for 1 rebuy. Just have a few extra chips at the higher denominations, to make change on the table with. 10k, 2x 5k...then make change for a single 5k at the table.
Yeah good point. Glad I asked here because it made sense in my head lol but on paper it don’t make much sense…

Don't ever rebuy with a single chip. You don't have to replicate with an original starring stack, but multiples of the highest/second highest chip value in play is better.

like others have said they do not carry a chip back....essentially the rebuy chip can be used as an exchange token for chips to give each player 1 or.... rebuy chances if you intend to limit each player to only one or however many rebuys they get with tokens. The chip can be also used as placeholder in lieu of chips while you or the floor gets the needed chips for the player who just rebought but action is occuring while you are restocking his chip stack. So imagine the cards are moving and you need to lean over to count out a new stack they player can receive and indicator that they are alive again. I bought these for that purpose.

Attachments

• 17159762939302475463147149447826.jpg
    17159762939302475463147149447826.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 27

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom