Seeking help to customize seating/buy in chips from Horseshoe Cleveland $1K chips (1 Viewer)

Nickname

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on building an HSI primary set for my game, and I bought some Horseshoe Cleveland $1K chips as it seemed to be hard to find HSI primary $1K's. But I did get a hold of some (thanks @mbrobe ! https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...na-primary-1000-1k-chips.121234/#post-2490305), and now I wonder what to do with my Horseshoe Cleveland chips...

As we tend to not use cash during our games, I always note every buy in in a spreadsheet and send out status after the game to each player, asking them to wire money asap to player X/telling them they will receive money from player Y. Now I am considering to use the Cleveland chips as a NOK 1K buy in chip (we play NOK 5/10 where inital buy in tends to be 1K-2K per player) + seat draw. If I do so, I think I will use one side of the chips for buy in denomination and the other side as seat assignment. As we do play 8 max, this will allow for each player to start with 5 buy in chips, and I don't have to constantly open my spreadsheet for every rebuy/top up throughout the game.

I do have a custom logo that I would like to reuse, but I don't have the skills to make it into a good chip design. Any members that could help me with a chip design? Send me a PM with your price and some details of your previous designs :)

PS: In order for this to work the way I hope, there must be a big enought colour difference between the $1K Cleveland and $1K HSI primary that the chips don't get mixed up...

(I do have the logo in .eps format if that helps)

1720001272018.png

1720000850693.png

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 11.52.42.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 12.06.40.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 12.06.40.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 35
I’ve dealt with both of these chips pretty extensively, and personally I feel like their colors/designs are pretty close to each other.

You could find some different color 43mm or even 48mm chips that would do what you’re looking for that would serve better than these Clevelands, and I think trade these fairly easily.

Good luck!!

Thanks for your input on the colour, making a trade would also work fine.

Good idea having the multi function chip. Generally, the practise of keeping score and making the transfers post game is not advised. There have been threads here with examples of where this have gone wrong. Perhaps your group are close friends only but you never know.

Buy-in chips are great though and we’ve successfully used them at recent meet-ups in Cologne, Zurich and Stockholm, but those were bought and paid for at the start of the events.

Edit: forgot to leave my recommendation for designer. @mattross1313 does amazing work

At least up until now, it has worked great the way we do it. We are a small group of long-term friends that have played together for many years. New players ususally pay cash or transfer up front until we get to know them better. Perhaps we change our setup in the future if the group outgrows us, or we increase stakes to a level where it will be too high risk for me.

Thanks for the tag of a designer, @Eriks . I will wait until my new chips arrive and reevaluate the colours (ref. comment from @TheJestyr )..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom