Shipping Case of 500 Poker Chips (1 Viewer)

RKC1978

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Wondering cheapest way to ship a Set of 500 Poker Chips in Aluminum Case?

Attachments

• E8C1B579-DD6D-4CBD-AF19-822DD7AF682C.jpeg
    E8C1B579-DD6D-4CBD-AF19-822DD7AF682C.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 57
  • C5127570-B0D3-4C33-A33C-13218C97BFD5.jpeg
    C5127570-B0D3-4C33-A33C-13218C97BFD5.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 50
There used to be a board game sized flat rate box from the USPS that was the right shape for a lot of cases. I’ve read that it has been phased out, but it worth checking out.
Good to know, I hadn't heard that the board game box was discontinued, but searching online, it seems it was discontinued in 2022.

If you're looking for price estimates for USPS, I'd recommend signing up with a website/service like PirateShip. They will generate the best price and are a few dollars lower than USPS, for flat rate and/or first class.

If the size is for Flat Rate boxes, and are shipping across country (across many Zones) USPS prices may not be cheap to ship that size case. For most chip sales on PCF, I'd have to say are us shipping just chips to each other in the mail, and buy/keep our own cases at home. Might look to UPS for larger/heavier packages.

For most chip sales on PCF, I'd have to say are us shipping just chips to each other in the mail, and buy/keep our own cases at home.
Totally. I know this sounds dumb, but it might be cheaper to buy a new case from Amazon with free shipping, than to pay consumer rates to ship a case.
And even though I’m a big fan of cheap cases, as my father would say, most of them aren’t worth the powder to blow them to hell.

Totally. I know this sounds dumb, but it might be cheaper to buy a new case from Amazon with free shipping, than to pay consumer rates to ship a case.
And even though I’m a big fan of cheap cases, as my father would say, most of them aren’t worth the powder to blow them to hell.
I have the case just trying to find the cheapest way to ship?

Just the case, right? If you ship it with those chips in it it you may as well just go ahead and smash it with a hammer and ship the chips loose n the box. I’ve received about a dozen cases with chips in them over the last years and every one of them arrived fucked. They dint treat packages gently, and heavy momentum can destroy lots of stuff.

I’m glad they phased out the game board boxes, and it was probably due to outcry from game board collectors. People that sell in eBay aren’t collectors. So they would sell a board game, go get a game board box, and just set it in like they took it off their table, tape it up and mail it. Receiver gets a jumbled box full of game board parts and trashed game box, like it went through a dryer.
Especially bad with chess pieces.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom