Shuffletech Guidance - Cart / Cards / Usage (2 Viewers)

TheWhat

Flush
Reaction score
Well now that the Hotdog Roller has arrived, and been christened, the Shuffletech has moved up the priority list. A number of us mid-forty and fifty year olds are starting to have some finger joint troubles, and we have a reg who simply cannot shuffle / deal due to injury. Mentally think I've crossed the bridge over the price point, but admittedly have some concerns about quality, and maintenance ... if you can talk me out of it, it'll just free up money for much chips!

With that aside, hoping with this thread that I can:

Definitively know which Card setup(s) we can use without increasing jamming issues. Currently using Angel Aristos and ALL the players love them. They've surpassed the use of other cards we've used due to shuffling, and dealing ie Faded Spade - Kems - Copags - Modianos. But without shuffling perhaps they could be backl in play?

Determine how a Cart shoud be built. I've scoured threads and it seems that an insulated (For sound reduction) cart is more or less a must. Do have access to some pretty handy word workers, who could work miracles with a blueprint. But would love to know if there is a base build ie Ikea, or Home Depot cupboard, that can get it down to casters, and a cup holder or two? And any relevant real life experience and advice like where to drill for power supply, stay x inches away from the side, etc.

As for the cards, i use Modiano Platinum only now. There are very few jams, if any at all. For sure less than with Copag.
I built a cart for the Shuffletech from Ikea. It is a kitchen cabinet with Metod front and back. Top is like 37cm x 30cm. Hight is 60 cm without the rollers.
20240506_114719.jpg
20240506_114739.jpg
20240506_114804.jpg

Thanks. @joeyshin gave me a killer deal on his shuffletech. need to spend some time testing out bridge vs poker size to see which is better.
Without a doubt poker size is better and bridge often doesn’t work. No doubt.

But I have had decent success w faded spade bridge bc it’s a much stiffer card.

But again poker size faded spade is better.

Without a doubt poker size is better and bridge often doesn’t work. No doubt.

But I have had decent success w faded spade bridge bc it’s a much stiffer card.

But again poker size faded spade is better.
Thanks. Bought some Desjgn poker size to test those out. Might get some faded spades.

Pretty much all bridge has worked fine for me. Modiano and Fournier is what I’ve been using the most lately. Copag works too with maybe slightly more jams but barely noticeable.

I just ordered a Shuffletech last week so I'm now thinking about how we're going to use it. I'm strongly leaning toward building a cart on casters - although embedding it in the table is also an option.

My question for the cart-people is about positioning of the cart. We play with a dedicated dealer around an 8' oval table. It's relevant to point out that our dealer is a heavy-set woman who takes up all the space in the dealer position of the table.

We play fixed limit with $2 chips as the workhorse - so by the end of the night there's easily 1200-1500 chips on the table.

When we have 8 players, it's a little on the tight side, since there are also 2 or 3 larger-than-average sized men in the game. At 9 players it gets kind of cramped.

In talking with our dealer last night, she indicated a preference of a table-height cart being positioned on her left between her and the one-seat. But as I thought about it, that's going to take up at least 12" when space is already at a premium.

For those of you who embedded yours in the table, do any of you take it out to put your table away? My tables are all built with folding legs and are stored away when not in use.

Any advice you can dispense would be appreciated. Tagging @TomC727

Mine is one of the first ones made. I bought it from a magician (seriously) a few years ago. The 7 button has never worked but the 3 button works fine.

I use copags and I’ve never had it jam yet. And I’ve never bothered to clean it or maintain it. It just keeps going.

We just sit it on one end of the table (we play 7 max so there’s always an empty space) and it does just fine.

Cartamundi bridge has had the most jams. I believe the edges of the cards plus the way they're almost bowed downward made them susceptible to jams during the "riffle" cycles. As they got more use and became more flat, there were less jams but these are definitely the cards that I've had the most jams with so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom