Starting set advice (1 Viewer)

niilo

Reaction score
Hello beautifull people!

i am a new chipper who doenst even own a decent poker set, yet ;)
i have some samples coming my way but that doenst stop me from grinding more info.
i would love to hear your opinions/advice, or mayb even hear about a nice set on offer.

- Budget: +- 500€
- Material: anything for now really, samples will hopefully help for more specifying.
- Purpose: small stack cash games with friends (0.1-0.2c - 0.25-0.5c), table of +- 8 people
- Amount: 500 chip set
- Color: we are used to 0.1 whites, 0.2 reds, 0.5 greens and 1 blacks, wich i prefer to keep but nothing set in stone here.
- Denoms: I prefer chips without denoms for the purpose of flexiblity. considering we play with roughly the same people sticking to colors for min value etc should be fine.
- Location: Shipping to Belgium. kind of puts me out of the tina league i guess.

Right now i have been looking mostly at sunfly and apache chips.
As said, i would love ur recommendations/opinions on what set i should be checking out, or tips in general.

Thanks

Get samples first a lot of different types.
Idk if Tina’s are out of budget, but may need a reshipper. Check out Justin’s group buy for options.
Alternatively, post an EU wanted ad for micro stakes cash set with ur price range, this may take a while as well.
Good luck with the hunt!

Hello beautifull people!

i am a new chipper who doenst even own a decent poker set, yet ;)
i have some samples coming my way but that doenst stop me from grinding more info.
i would love to hear your opinions/advice, or mayb even hear about a nice set on offer.

- Budget: +- 500€
- Material: anything for now really, samples will hopefully help for more specifying.
- Purpose: small stack cash games with friends (0.1-0.2c - 0.25-0.5c), table of +- 8 people
- Amount: 500 chip set
- Color: we are used to 0.1 whites, 0.2 reds, 0.5 greens and 1 blacks, wich i prefer to keep but nothing set in stone here.
- Denoms: I prefer chips without denoms for the purpose of flexiblity. considering we play with roughly the same people sticking to colors for min value etc should be fine.
- Location: Shipping to Belgium. kind of puts me out of the tina league i guess.

Right now i have been looking mostly at sunfly and apache chips.
As said, i would love ur recommendations/opinions on what set i should be checking out, or tips in general.

Thanks
Contact Tina directly and ask her for a shipping quote. I think you’ll be surprised

1 euro per chip is actually a decent budget.

A simple breakdown of 500 chips could be:
100x 0.05
150x 0.25 (or 0.20, whatever your preference is with fractional euros)
150x 1
100x 5
Bank is around 680 euro, probably enough for any sane 8 player micro cash game

I always recommend chips with denominations on them. But if you insist on non-denominated, you might still be able to get clay solids, like Paulson Starburst/hot stamp monograms. Vintage ASM solids would be well within your price range.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom