The Beach House - Holgate Edition (1 Viewer)

DZPoker

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So it all started with winning an auction @Gunnar posted to raise funds for @liftapint after the accident. It ended with my family having a custom set designed by all four of us, that we will cherish forever, breaking all sorts of ‘rules’ in the process! But it’s ours and we love it!!

Many, many thanks to @Gunnar for dealing with me through all of this, good ideas and bad!

The breakdown:
100- 5c
200 - 25c
200 - $1
200 - $5
60 - $25
40 - $100

The design:
Two wanted clean, spotless faces. Two wanted spots. One wanted a few muted colors in the spots, another wanted rainbow bright spots. We started with a pic of a wave taken in front of our condo and ended with a more chill, abstract concept. Through it all, my 12yr old, 13yr old, and wife were part of every step in the process!

Yellow spots on every chip? Check…regardless of what the ‘rules’ say! Weird breakdown? Check…see below! Spots that don’t extend to the face? Check…had to find a middle ground with the ‘clean face’ crew! A pink and a red chip that could cause dirty stacks? Sure…they’ll never be on the table together in the games we play!

The use:
Anything for 5c/10c to $1/$2 for four players planned, six players accommodated, and eight players stretched. That covers ‘us’ now, a far future game with both boys coming back with a spouse, or some craziness that fits eight around a small table in a small condo! Every set does NOT have to be designed for a 10 person table!!

My photo skills aren’t the best…but here’s what you’d play with if you met up with us down in Holgate NJ!

IMG_3113.jpeg

IMG_3114.jpeg

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3116.jpeg

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3118.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3122.jpeg

IMG_3109.jpeg

I know the skilled designers on this site can run circles around what we came up with, but like I said…this design is ours. We love it and love that we have it!

Happy poker playing all!!

At the end of the day, as long as you are happy with them, that's all that matters. I like that white chip!

Who made these? They look like old Chipco linen stock on the faces!

I’d have to defer that question to @Gunnar .

All I can say is @Gunnar was amazing through the whole process and the end producer did a top-shelf job of producing, packing and delivering (IMHO). Not sure if @Gunnar is interested in dealing with others but if so, I’m positive you wouldn’t be disappointed!

I’d have to defer that question to @Gunnar .

All I can say is @Gunnar was amazing through the whole process and the end producer did a top-shelf job of producing, packing and delivering (IMHO). Not sure if @Gunnar is interested in dealing with others but if so, I’m positive you wouldn’t be disappointed!
I had these made. I still have some contacts from when I had a store. The manufacturer is in China and has a very good printing process

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom