Cash Game The cage (1 Viewer)

LTrain

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey finally pull the trigger on some chips and will be hopeful hosting a few games during a weekend long bachelor party. Will likely be a 5c/10c blind $20 buy-in. I have $20 chips to make rebuying easy.

What do you all keep on hand to make change and pay everyone out?

roll of nickles, roll of quarter, 40 ones,10 fives,10 tens and the rest of the twenties should be in the bank from buy-ins, am I thinking about this right?

Almost forgot if I host I am the cage too!

Hey finally pull the trigger on some chips and will be hopeful hosting a few games during a weekend long bachelor party. Will likely be a 5c/10c blind $20 buy-in. I have $20 chips to make rebuying easy.

What do you all keep on hand to make change and pay everyone out?

roll of nickles, roll of quarter, 40 ones,10 fives,10 tens and the rest of the twenties should be in the bank from buy-ins, am I thinking about this right?

Almost forgot if I host I am the cage too!
For these stakes I would do something like 50c in nickels, 1.50 in dimes, 4 in quarters, 24 in singles, 20 in fives for a $50 bank. Full rolls of nickels and quarters is probably overkill.

I stopped having change on hand, even for my micro stakes games. I just told people I won't pay odd change. I would encourage people to leave their odd change plus a couple dollars for the host (if not at my place), or just have them throw the extra in the middle for a final hand, usually an Omaha flip.

I wouldn't pay out anything less than $1. as @TheWhat stated, I would have all of the left over change, shoved in the middle and do a flip for it.

So if I have 5 dollars and 35 cents, I would push the .35 into the pot and play a crazy flip game for everyone's left over change.

Do your own buy in with small bills ($1s/$5s), this will make sure there is change in the bank for paying out people. Either don't pay out change (Various ways to do this - Splash pot, round down, etc.), or keep a few quarters on hand and only pay quarters. If anyone is complaining about being short a few nickels toss them another quarter and don't invite them back.

If your bank is $0 after paying everyone out, you know nothing went wrong.

I will give you a word of advice: Take cash, then give chips. It's that easy. Don't give chips and say "Alright you owe $x" or anything like that. While hosting (and playing) your focus will get lost way easier than you think.

If you do choose to use electronic payments (Some players will show up with literally $0 and ask to cash app you). Make sure you have extra cash in your own pocket. Have them send you $x on whatever and give them $x in cash. That's their buy in(s) to use as if they showed up with cash.

If you have someone you think will rebuy multiple times that wants to use electronic payments ask them to send you multiple buy-ins and you'll give them the same amount in cash to use throughout the night. (This never works for me, they'd rather send $20 five times than $100 once and keep the cash. But it would be nice if your players will do it)

Do your own buy in with small bills ($1s/$5s), this will make sure there is change in the bank for paying out people
Yep. I buy in with 30 singles and 4 fives for my initial buy-in of $50.

And then if and when I cash out I use all the big bills to pay everybody first and then pay myself in all the small bills left over.

Yep. I buy in with 30 singles and 4 fives for my initial buy-in of $50.

And then if and when I cash out I use all the big bills to pay everybody first and then pay myself in all the small bills left over.
That is the way.

I wouldn't pay out anything less than $1. as @TheWhat stated, I would have all of the left over change, shoved in the middle and do a flip for it.

So if I have 5 dollars and 35 cents, I would push the .35 into the pot and play a crazy flip game for everyone's left over change.
Sort of related

I started raking 25¢ out of every hand. At midnight we cash out and everyone’s odd change also goes into this pool. Then we play 7 card flip and the first person to win 3 hands gets the whole pot. I’ve dubbed this Midnight Madness and it’s become a favorite amongst my group. It either somewhat salvages or amplifies a players night.

Sort of related

I started raking 25¢ out of every hand. At midnight we cash out and everyone’s odd change also goes into this pool. Then we play 7 card flip and the first person to win 3 hands gets the whole pot. I’ve dubbed this Midnight Madness and it’s become a favorite amongst my group. It either somewhat salvages or amplifies a players night.
Raking for a jackpot? Sounds fun

Sort of related

so typically I have a dedicated dealer, players just tip him out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom