"Thinking Like a Poker Player" (2 Viewers)

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone read this article in the September 9 issue of The New Yorker? Very interesting, both the article and the book it discusses....

"The Power of Thinking Like a Poker Player​

Nate Silver’s “On the Edge” applies the lessons of modern gambling to the arenas of tech startups, artificial intelligence, and ethics.
By Idrees Kahloon"

Reading this book now, it’s a good read! There have been a mix of thought provoking insights and more sort of time-worn parallels between poker and business that folks generally make. But it’s a book w cool interviews and well crafted stories, which is enough for me.

"On the Edge" is $18 and up for paperback and Kindle. $64 to $250 for hardcover, even on ABE.

Free in audiobook format if you're a Prime member, but since the book is 572 pages long, it would probably take the rest of your life to listen to it.

"On the Edge" is $18 and up for paperback and Kindle. $64 to $250 for hardcover, even on ABE.

Free in audiobook format if you're a Prime member, but since the book is 572 pages long, it would probably take the rest of your life to listen to it.
Thanks for the heads up! I've really enjoyed Nate Silver's analysis and I knew he played, I'll check this out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom