Tina No Mold Vs. BR Pro Poker for custom set? (3 Viewers)

mooncereal

High Hand
Reaction score
Opinions on Tina no mold vs BR Pro no mold ceramics for a custom tournament set?

I have samples of BR pro and Tina card molds. I much prefer BR Pro to tina chips, BR Pro’s stack better and have a better weight/sound imo.

Trying to weigh my options here. I’d like to go with BR Pro but Tina are easily less than half the price.

Especially since I’m looking to get at least 1000 chips…

What are your thoughts?

BRpro are superior if ur going with no mold option. However, it’s ur money and budget. Get what u want and what makes sense for you lol. I got both and my players don’t know the difference, unless you put them side by side and show them lol

Imo:
• BRPro or Sun-Fly for no-mold ceramics
• Sun-Fly or Tina for cards-mold ceramics
• Tina for ceramic hybrids (web or greek molds)

I think the Tina 43mm web hybrids are the best ceramic chip on the market, and also the best value.

thanks for the replies guys! I am going to try to grab some tina no mold samples and go from there. Would love to explore greek molds in the future but this set requires a full graphic.

thanks for the replies guys! I am going to try to grab some tina no mold samples and go from there. Would love to explore greek molds in the future but this set requires a full graphic.
The blanks that BRPro use are definitely superior than the no-molds from Tina. Never had any spinners with BRPro, and they can be fairly common with Tina’s.
Also, the texture of BRPro chips is preferable, imo

The blanks that BRPro use are definitely superior than the no-molds from Tina. Never had any spinners with BRPro, and they can be fairly common with Tina’s.
Also, the texture of BRPro chips is preferable, imo
yeah im leaning toword BRPro. I have had samples of the Tiki Kings and the texture/lack of spinners alone smoke all of the other ceramics I've tried.

I recently faced this decision and went with Tina No Molds. It’s not that BR Pro’s chips aren’t better (actually, as an owner of a DDLM semi custom set, I think they definitely are). The issue was I didn’t find them to be 3x better for 3x the price, and that was roughly the differential at the time when I compared, since edge alignment is non negotiable for me.

I recently faced this decision and went with Tina No Molds. It’s not that BR Pro’s chips aren’t better (actually, as an owner of a DDLM semi custom set, I think they definitely are). The issue was I didn’t find them to be 3x better for 3x the price, and that was roughly the differential at the time when I compared, since edge alignment is non negotiable for me.
Do you have any issue with spinners on the Tina no molds?

I have a few no mold sets 39mm and 43mm, I’ve had a couple of spinners but def still worth it for the price.
Color wise it’s still very close too.
Here are some examples of BRpro and Tina

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpeg
    IMG_6628.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7728.jpeg
    IMG_7728.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Do you have any issue with spinners on the Tina no molds?
I can’t say there are literally none in a 1400 chip set, but I can say whatever the failure rate is, it’s so low as to not have caused any problems. In my experience, I would estimate on the high side there’s one per barrel, so even just one extra barrel per denomination will easily cover any flaws. I banked two tables with them at the meetup last week, and all of the comments folks had were about the vibrant colors and choices, nothing about stability.

Attachments

• IMG_3294.jpeg
    IMG_3294.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3298.jpeg
    IMG_3298.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 22

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom