Ultrasonic cleaner advice (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
I’ve decided that I need to purchase an ultrasonic cleaner. That said, I have no idea what to buy. Can a few of you send me some advice or links to what I need? Thanks! Vic

I 4th (or 5th) the Vervor 6L recommendation as well. It’s a nice size, the smaller version (3 or 4L) is way too small.

I’ve had mine for 2 years, it does the job.

The Vevor 6L has been the go-to model that people recommend. I've had mine for 3 years and it does a fantastic job. It's large enough to do big jobs, and has that extra transducer to ensure that the chips get super clean.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1759689761...VkGjW8bRFi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
I was just looking at the product photos on eBay and spotted this:
s-l1600.jpg

Nice feature for all us chippers that lose our minds scrubbing chips. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Honestly that was the first thing someone has recommended and I have not had anyone second it or recommend anything else

So I'm just looking for opinions, in addition to cleaning poker chips I'll be looking to clean random household things like eyeglasses and some plastic action figures
For many years it seems to be the best cleaner for deep cleaning (moping floors, exterior of the house, general purpose cleaning) and it's not harsh or abrasive and it's biodegradable.

I am a fan of biodegradable always

So you can just put that in your ultrasonic?

Is there a particular reason you wouldn't go with the other stuff?

I use simple green for a lot of stuff, but never tried it in an ultrasonic so can't say if it might interfere with the cavitation necessary for it to do its job.

It's my understanding actual TSP can be harsh on some chips, but should be ok on Paulsons. The Lundmark "TSP" is apparently actually sodium metasilicate and a bit more gentle. Either one may cause damage to non Paulsons (is what I've read here) but I've similarly never tried them myself, just distilled water after a dawn bath. But I've also only done it once and am cleaning older non Paulson chips so if anyone with more experience chimes in listen to them over me. I've just been reading a lot the last week or so about it.

I am a fan of biodegradable always

So you can just put that in your ultrasonic?

Is there a particular reason you wouldn't go with the other stuff?
Absolutely! I have used it to clean small gun parts and various other parts in the ultra sonic!

Although I have never used it, it seems very harsh; warning states may cause eye irritation and burning of the skin. another customer comment was "product works great. just remember the rubber gloves it will burn under your finger nails if you don't". So I just figure why mess with it if there is sometime just as effective but less harmful.

Other members have tried Simple Green in the ultrasonic with CPC and older ASM chips. I'm not sure if we ever really made a consensus statement on whether it is both effective and safe to do so. I can't remember seeing before/after photos.

hmm, I may try it on a small sample of my LGKs, the 5/- ones have proven to be much harder to clean with just a dawn bath and ultrasonic in plain water. Or the covid I started feeling in between the 10/- and 5/- ones has made me much less good at it. Which is also possible. I may try this tomorrow if I'm not dragging too much.

I have not used it yet but I can imagine OxiClean would be great as well. I have also used Soft Scrub with bleach on walls, carpet and various other things and it cleans well with little or no abrasion.

hmm, I may try it on a small sample of my LGKs, the 5/- ones have proven to be much harder to clean with just a dawn bath and ultrasonic in plain water. Or the covid I started feeling in between the 10/- and 5/- ones has made me much less good at it. Which is also possible. I may try this tomorrow if I'm not dragging too much.

Yikes, i hope you feel better soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom