Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations!! (2 Viewers)

Tracy

Pair
Reaction score
hey all my fiancé and I are in the market for an untrasonic cleaner. One that is good for chips as well as jewelry! It be nice to keep it at or under$100. And recommended cleaners that are good for both purposes would be really appreciated!

I bought the 6L Vevor cleaner off eBay for like $105. Here it is off its actual website for $117, but you can find it for a little cheaper if you keep an eye out.

http://www.vevor.com/6l-ultrasonic-cleaner.html

It works well, but realize that it is not a Hornady, which is the reputable brand (but much more expensive and relatively hard to find), and I believe it made in China and usually ships from China

That being said, I can vouch that my cleaner works well. Check out this link for my write-up

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/page-9#post-225965

Good luck with your search!

I just ordered this, will be using it to clean some paulson hotstamps & ~1000 horseshoe chips:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FWUM6W8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Ultrasonic frequency:40KHz,Tank material:SUS304(Top-quality stainless steel),Tank capacity:3Liter (0.84 Galon),
  • timer:0 ~ 20 minutes,Temperature setting:20~ 80 C,Power supply:100V AC ~120V AC,Ultrasonic power:100W,Heating power:100W
  • Tank size:240mm X 140mm X 100mm,Unit size:270mm X 170mm X 240mm

41BrYCBcQQL.jpg

Talk to me about the cheaper $30ish models. Will they do the job if you go with fewer chips and longer cleaning cycles?

Talk to me about the cheaper $30ish models. Will they do the job if you go with fewer chips and longer cleaning cycles?

Is that really doing the job?

I mean... the whole point is to clean a lot of chips... with minimal effort... quickly. Doing fewer chips for longer... only saves the effort part.

The Vevor 6L, 180W ultrasonic cleaner posted above is what I bought from eBay. This one is probably the best value out there in terms of power vs. price. Many others have also used it with great success: @Mr. Cheese , @AllinBallin , etc.

180W is the ultrasonic power. I don't think a smaller powered unit would function nearly as well.

Edit to add: The drain on the Vevor unit is very useful too.

When I tested the concept of the ultrasonic I wasnt ready to invest too much so I got this one for $88, and I have run a few thousand chips through it, as well as jewelry, watches, glasses, etc... I have run entire sets and collector single chips. It worked for me following the method outlined on this forum.

Manual says power consumption is 35 watts on the home depot one

Less power no good?

I've been trying to get an answer to that question myself, so I mentioned it, hoping somebody who knows what they're talking about will help us out.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here that somebody said you want at least 160 watts. But I think that was just one person.
How about you buy it, Aaron, and post the results? Take one for the team?

Mine is 100w Ultrasonic and 100w Heating... I assume that home depot model is a non-heated one

Yes it's mentioned in several places the more sonic and heat watts the better. That can be relative to the capacity but I'd recommend 180W ultrasonic and 200W heat, 6 liter and a drain port. Can be had for about $120 so not clear to me why some would buy underpowered jewelry cleaners for $80.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom