Upgrade from Spinetti's Dunes Poker Chips (commerative)? (1 Viewer)

KCpoker

Waiting List
Reaction score
Background: New chipper here. Started with some lower quality chips that were metal slugged (but not dice chips!) Upgraded from those other poker chips by stopping in Spinetti's in Vegas a month ago and got a variety of the Dunes chips. 600 set. Like them. Much less 'slippery' as someone shoves their stack in or moves things around. Like the design and a bit of history that comes with it. My only gripes are that maybe the green 25s and blue 1s are kind of similar. Would have liked the 1s to be white.

Here's my question: I have no budget to jump to Paulsons, but would consider joining a group buy and even designing my own chips. (I have photoshop/AI and decent design skills). This would be fun. I know that's an extra $80.

Now I know I could order samples, but first, I want your opinions on how much better the group buy chips would be, especially:
Grip and feel compared to the Sands chips
Colors

Or will it even be noticeable to me and my players and I should just keep the Sands chips? Feel free to be as dramatic as possible in your response. Pics of Sands chips attached.

Attachments

• 20240816_172428.jpg
    20240816_172428.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20240809_172339.jpg
    20240809_172339.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 106
If custom is your goal, a broken arrow group buy with Tina hybrids is the best value these days.

If you eventually want a high end full custom or Paulson relabel set, it may be better to get a stock design that can be resold, unless you want multiple custom sets.

Your players most likely won't care too much, but you will so I still think it's important to get samples.

If custom is your goal, a broken arrow group buy with Tina hybrids is the best value these days.

If you eventually want a high end full custom or Paulson relabel set, it may be better to get a stock design that can be resold, unless you want multiple custom sets.

Your players most likely won't care too much, but you will so I still think it's important to get samples.

As for the 'stock design that can be resold' - what's the best way to search/find sets that others are selling? Are they usually listed in the classified section, and is there a general 'going rate'. Like if someone buys 1000 chip set in the group buy at .39 cents a chip, do they usually hold value or are there good discounts to be had? I'm not quite sure I want to post a 'want to buy' quite yet, but might be fun to buy a set to play with for 3 or 6 months and then plan to resell on here. I'm okay with losing some value due to 'depreciation'. Heh. Open to all advice and suggestions.

My argument would be if you’re worried about resale on a .39c chip, you’re kind of in the wrong place. One of the big benefits of the group buy (amongst many) is for the ability to get a 1 of 1 set for a very reasonable price. Most aren’t concerned with resale. If you stick to a standard set and standard denominations, resale maybe very reasonable, but there’s never a guarantee. I favor the group buys because I can get what I want in any way shape or form, at a great price.

Wanted to update the group here that I did get samples from apache and elsewhere. I compared the apache dunes and... While I like the feel of the material like when holding a stack by the side of the apaches.... The Spinnetti chips have nicer labels and the mold is more crisp. Slightly lighter too and no beveled edge on the Spinnettis.

My fav of the samples so far is the Majestic Card Room. With Empires a close 2nd. Next up... Just put a sample order in with Justin for his Tina Web mold chips. Excited!

Wanted to update the group here that I did get samples from apache and elsewhere. I compared the apache dunes and... While I like the feel of the material like when holding a stack by the side of the apaches.... The Spinnetti chips have nicer labels and the mold is more crisp. Slightly lighter too and no beveled edge on the Spinnettis.

My fav of the samples so far is the Majestic Card Room. With Empires a close 2nd. Next up... Just put a sample order in with Justin for his Tina Web mold chips. Excited!
If Justin doesn't have any web mold samples in stock, you should be able to get them from a wanted ad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom