Usps help! (1 Viewer)

Tham6165

Two Pair
Reaction score
I bought a single chip off of eBay several weeks back. Seller shipped it out in a envelope instead of Bubble mailer or box. Although auction closed with me paying for usps ground advantage, he chose to go the cheap route. And then didn't pay for tracking on top of just making it in an envelope. It's been 3 weeks and nothing has showed up. I have talked to the post office it was mailed from and my local post office. Nothing from either to help locate it. I have tried to see about finding it by intelligent mail barcode. But have been about to come up with all dead ends. I have filled a claim with the mail recover center along with a picture. But from what I've got, only about 3% of the packages ever make it to their original destinations.

Does anyone know how to get the imb (intelligent mail barcode) that was put on the original mailing? And then if so what app it program could show the progress of which sorting facilities it made it to.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

If it doesn’t have tracking unfortunately I think you’re SOL.

After 3 weeks, I’d submit for a refund via eBay. Seller sounds like a real winner BTW.

It might still show up, make a claim for refund, and if it shows, then pay the seller. good luck

I'm hoping the chip shows up. Not holding onto much hope. I would much rather the chip than the refund.

Reactions: ovo
I thought eBay required trackable shipping. I guess the seller gave up any chance of defending a case if a buyer opens an item not received case.

Not sure if eBay requires tracking. I just assumed that since he was charging me for ground advantage shipping. That's the route he would ship it. However he went the cheap route using and envelope and sending it first class mail. It more than likely didn't make it through the sorting machines.

If it doesn’t have tracking unfortunately I think you’re SOL.

After 3 weeks, I’d submit for a refund via eBay. Seller sounds like a real winner BTW.

That's why I was trying to see if anyone knows anything about intelligent mail barcode. It would tell me what sorting facilities it made it through.

You've obviously contacted the seller since you know how he shipped it. What has the seller offered to do for you?

You've obviously contacted the seller since you know how he shipped it. What has the seller offered to do for you?

He has no problem giving the refund. But the chip is more valuable than the refund by far . So I'm trying to go the route of finding the lost chip through usps.

Anyone else that has that super usps knowledge that might be able to help?

I've been mailed the proverbial 'chip-in-an-envelope' (no tape, no paper) five times in the past 20 years. I (eventually) received four envelopes, but only one still had a chip inside. The other envelope is still missing (as is the contents).

You might find the envelope, but there's a high likelihood that it will be empty. Take the refund.

Not sure if eBay requires tracking. I just assumed that since he was charging me for ground advantage shipping. That's the route he would ship it. However he went the cheap route using and envelope and sending it first class mail. It more than likely didn't make it through the sorting machines.
I've received several single-chip envelopes from knowledgeable single-chip eBay sellers that know to use the "Nonmachinable Surcharge" stamp (square Butterfly USPS stamp) on the envelope and have written "Non-machinable" on the envelope, and usually also have wrapped the chip up in folded thin cardboard, and I haven't had any issue with getting these types of envelopes. USPS is supposed to bypass those envelopes around the standard sorting machines.

Now, if this seller didn't do that, then there's a much higher chance it didn't make it through the sorting machines.

Does anyone know how to get the imb (intelligent mail barcode) that was put on the original mailing?
Unfortunately, I cant' help you with this.

Now, if this seller didn't do that, then there's a much higher chance it didn't make it through the sorting machines.
This tracks with what my local PO told me when I was sending a single chip. Don’t send reg mail in an envelope as the sorting machine will likely eat it.

Yeah...I hate those damn "sorting machines" that take "eat" my chips.

Polish_20240708_161718288.jpg

Last edited:
I've been mailed the proverbial 'chip-in-an-envelope' (no tape, no paper) five times in the past 20 years. I (eventually) received four envelopes, but only one still had a chip inside. The other envelope is still missing (as is the contents).

You might find the envelope, but there's a high likelihood that it will be empty. Take the refund.

I'm not holding onto a lot of hope of this making it here. But I have had chips mailed in envelopes also. They just taped the outside. This guy i don't believe was chip collector so he didn't know all the ins and outs of shipping them. But I'm just trying to track it down because it is a pretty rare chip.

I've received several single-chip envelopes from knowledgeable single-chip eBay sellers that know to use the "Nonmachinable Surcharge" stamp (square Butterfly USPS stamp) on the envelope and have written "Non-machinable" on the envelope, and usually also have wrapped the chip up in folded thin cardboard, and I haven't had any issue with getting these types of envelopes. USPS is supposed to bypass those envelopes around the standard sorting machines.

Unfortunately, I cant' help you with this.

I don't think he knew enough about putting send it that route. Even if he put do not bend. It would have had to be handled by hands only throughout its journey. The thing that makes me mad is that he charged for usps ground advantage. So I didn't even question it prior to shipping. If it was free shipping I would have sent him the coulple bucks to ensure it was shipped properly

Conspiracy time.

Is it possible the auction went for far below what the seller hoped and he “mailed it without tracking” on purpose?
I've had that happen, and when envelope arrived it had a slice in it where the chip supposedly fell out. I believe they just shipped the empty envelope with the sliced envelope, refunded me, and sold it later

I suppose you can watch the seller and see if it gets relisted? Not sure what you'd do if it is per se, but at least then you'd know?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom