USPS Shipping Status (1 Viewer)

TheWhat

Flush
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can enlighten me with a particular USPS Status. The Status is:

Accepted.
USPS in possession of item.

Seems fairly clear, however it hasn't updated since August 9th. So does it mean, what it says it means?

I am in Canada, although I have never seen it stuck on that Status, for this length of time. And normally it would update as it goes to Customs, clears Customs, destination Country, etc. I've had dozens of shipments, and never had a problem.

I am wanting to purchase more from this particular seller (Not from here) but cant bring myself to do it, as I increasingly feel like I have likely been had.

That is a long time to sit in that status. If it's shipped USPS ground then it's not unusual for them to get shunted to the side in a busy distribution center. I had one package coming in from Canada wind up stuck in a distribution center for like 10 days supposedly being transported to the next place. I had to file a missing mail case at missingmail.usps.com which got it unstuck in a couple days. You might try filing there, it's definitely been long enough.

It's my understanding that "USPS in possession of item" does mean that the post office received the package for shipping. Before that it's usually "Pre-Shipment, USPS awaiting item" if it's just had a label printed but not been turned over yet. But I'm not an expert, just a frequent user of the tracking system.

I agree that that's a long time for no status update. "Accepted" is a very important status assuring the recipient the package is in the hands of USPS.

Check the status on Canada Post. Do you see anything different?

It is a long time, there are a few things that could be going on. It could be pushed aside in a DC, as someone mentioned, or even straight up lost or damaged. Either way submit a claim or contact in one way or another.

It could also be stuck in customs for some reason, it does happen (I'm in supply chain and I see this happen with Canada stuff all the time). It doesn't mean anything is wrong, but it got pulled for inspection and either is awaiting completion or they've just been slow to send it on its way.

Could also be someone somewhere scanned the wrong time or status, essentially human error on the tracking. This is less likely given the amount of time.

Like others have said, that status means USPS took possession of the package so the seller isn’t ripping you off. Most likely the package got misplaced by USPS and it’s off on some random shelf waiting to be found again

"I HAVE YOUR CHIPS AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO"

I had one that hadn’t moved in almost two weeks. I filed a lost package claim. Magically it started moving again the same day.

Yeah I would definitely file a missing mail report and see if they can get it moving again. I believe once it's a week late is when you can file the report and you're well past that.

Was it direct with USPS or with a 3rd party like Pirate Ship?

This I am not sure.

Did try to do the missing mail feature per others above, and it said it was already in progress, I am assuming the seller did the same.

That status usually means it was handed to the clerk at the counter and the shipper got a receipt. I would ask the seller if they have a copy of the receipt. I would also initiate a lost/missing mail investigation with USPS.

Honestly, the irony is almost too much to handle some days ... Wifey just texted me.

Messenger_creation_b7c2af29-8017-4dec-bf21-815264fc1f99.png
Screenshot_20240821_125440.jpg

Give it some time Christo, that's all you can do right now. They are supposed to update at various stages, but sometimes the workers don't give a shit, sorry, as far as going international, I don't know how long that might take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom