Warning about ChipCo racks puncturing chips. (1 Viewer)

TheJestyr

Straight
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I haven’t heard anyone mention this, so figured I’d make a post.

I bought a bunch of these ChipCo Int racks. I loved the quality and value. But just a heads up…

At first I noticed some plastic pieces that needed to be shaved down where the chips sit. OK, no big deal. Most people know about those. But after stacking my mint and nm chips in bird cages, I noticed a lot of my chips were getting flea bites.

Turns out there’s a very sharp piece at the very center of the BOTTOM of the rack that I didn’t shave down, and my chips were being punctured.

I’m not saying this for any other reason than just a heads up to the community. Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 142
Agree with @Colquhoun there have been discussions on this with some members claiming no problems. I used to sand down every chipco rack I bought before permanently switching to Unique 4200s and warneke boxes.

My bad thought I told you about those little nipples on chip co racks. I grab a screwdriver and just pop that pesty plastic injection nipple right off!

Never thought about or encountered this as a problem.....until now of course, I will have to check my racks. My regular racks are all the cheap 68mm Amazon racks....they seemed to be smooth on the bottom. Maybe this is how marks have occured, I though it was from chips being tossed in pots or me being rough stacking them.
Is this a mostly unique to Chipco racks problem?

Never thought about or encountered this as a problem.....until now of course, I will have to check my racks. My regular racks are all the cheap 68mm Amazon racks....they seemed to be smooth on the bottom. Maybe this is how marks have occured, I though it was from chips being tossed in pots or me being rough stacking them.
Is this a mostly unique to Chipco racks problem?
I haven’t noticed it on any of my other racks. At least in my small sample pool, it’s unique to ChipCo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom