What if… (an ethical delima) (5 Viewers)

YepImNaked

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning! So, let’s say you search ‘poker chips’ on Facebook marketplace every morning. You’ve never seen anything noteworthy on there before, but this morning is different.

You see just listed, a set of ~400 Paulson Classics for $45. It has to be a scam or spam, right? You click on it anyway, and the seller seems to be a legit profile. They’re selling about 12 items total, mostly furniture, but there are a total of four poker sets, all listed for the same price. Three cheap, Amazon sets and then the Paulson Classics.

Do you message them that you’re on your way with cash in hand, or do you tell them what they have? Does it depend on the apparent financial state of the seller? What would you do?

gone christmas GIF

Does it depend on the apparent financial state of the seller?
In a perfect world, yes. Also perhaps on the financial state of the buyer.
In a perfect world, I suppose I'd hand them the $45, take the chips, then hand them an extra $200. Especially if I was buying them just to flip them. But I don't think there are any right or wrong answers to this question.

You just buy them. I don’t see this as any type of moral dilemma. You don’t know what the seller paid for them. They might’ve gotten them at Goodwill for two dollars or found them dumpster diving or just don’t care and want to get rid of them. Maybe they are cursed. Who knows, but they set the price so if it is too low that is on the seller, not on you.

Good morning! So, let’s say you search ‘poker chips’ on Facebook marketplace every morning. You’ve never seen anything noteworthy on there before, but this morning is different.

You see just listed, a set of ~400 Paulson Classics for $45. It has to be a scam or spam, right? You click on it anyway, and the seller seems to be a legit profile. They’re selling about 12 items total, mostly furniture, but there are a total of four poker sets, all listed for the same price. Three cheap, Amazon sets and then the Paulson Classics.

Do you message them that you’re on your way with cash in hand, or do you tell them what they have? Does it depend on the apparent financial state of the seller? What would you do?
I assume you're asking this question having already bought the chips and are doing the thought exercise for shits and giggles?

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t you? You’re only human.
If it had been an old woman in a trailer or something, I would’ve offered to help sell them for a small fee.

It ended up being a very wealthy, retired couple who were also selling a bunch of high end furniture, and I paid what they were asking.

If it had been an old woman in a trailer or something, I would’ve offered to help sell them for a small fee.

It ended up being a very wealthy, retired couple who were also selling a bunch of high end furniture, and I paid what they were asking.
Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

Well played. The old woman in the trailer? I’d flip her an extra $100 and say I’ve been running good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom