What to do with an old iPad? (1 Viewer)

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
I have a 3rd generation 16gb iPad (circa ~2012). It still holds a full charge and doesn't have any cracks or major scratches. The problem is that I don't really use it anymore, and several major apps don't support it anymore e.g. Netflix & Youtube TV: I thought I might be able to use it to just watch movies and TV, but it seems the OS is not supported by those apps anymore.

Any ideas? Are there reputable sales options? Recycling? Donations to a school or some group that could use it?

My initial thoughts are mount it somewhere to use as ease of access; clock, calendar, timer for the kitchen or garage, bring up recipes. Brother in law mounted his next to the fridge and can use it to set timers or watch normal YouTube, plus he's not worried about getting it dirty.

My initial thoughts are mount it somewhere to use as ease of access; clock, calendar, timer for the kitchen or garage, bring up recipes. Brother in law mounted his next to the fridge and can use it to set timers or watch normal YouTube, plus he's not worried about getting it dirty.
Interesting…hadn’t considered something like that at all

Interesting…hadn’t considered something like that at all
I found it really creative and really helpful. I wouldnt go out and buy a new one for it but it feels like science fiction. If you want to be super fancy you can make it flush with a counter/wall but thats way out of our paygrade.

I have a 3rd generation 16gb iPad (circa ~2012). It still holds a full charge and doesn't have any cracks or major scratches. The problem is that I don't really use it anymore, and several major apps don't support it anymore e.g. Netflix & Youtube TV: I thought I might be able to use it to just watch movies and TV, but it seems the OS is not supported by those apps anymore.

Any ideas? Are there reputable sales options? Recycling? Donations to a school or some group that could use it?
I'm in the same boat. Old 3rd gen iPad, which was my last iPad. I thought I would start converting to the Apple-verse in 2012, but the lack of compatibility with old programs I know and love (Photoshop 6 CS6 and Excel) pushed me right back to Android/Windows. The only iCloud utility that I still use is iCalendar, which was superior (IMO) to any Android or Windows app.

The problem is, I need to keep the iPad around because when I log into iCloud from a new device, the 2-step verification only goes to the iPad. So now the iPad remains plugged in, out of sight, but it's mostly a constant energy drain.

This is how we repurpose old cellphones.

PassionateDefenselessBeardeddragon-max-1mb.gif

Spotify is a no-go. iPad is running iOS 9.3.5 and Spotify requires 14.0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom