Where to get chip "boxes" (1 Viewer)

CLKin

Straight
Reaction score
I am referring to the white chip boxes that no doubt ya'll are familiar with. I'm not having a lot of luck locating any online. I have looked at Spinettis and asked around a bit.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

I was thinking the same thing, I used my last one shipping out a rack... need more!

Spinettis does sell the three-piece ones that snugly fit in a SFRB. If memory serves they were $2ea when I was in the store a few months ago. Fire them an email and see what they can do for you.

For what it's worth, whenever you buy boxes, I recommend you buy as many as can fit in a single shipping box.

I wonder what box company makes them. Or maybe all that exists today were made in a single production run in 1958.

CPC emailed me back quick! Told me that 8 would have shipping of $25.00. I called a local gaming place and they didn't know what I was talking about, so I may have to eat the shipping cost. Their current price is $1.25 each.

*edited for retailer name

Are any of these boxes the white ones
,completely white on the inside and outside, with a lift off lid?

Those are much nicer than the brown cardboard ones for both storage and shipping in my opinion.

Public service announcement -- the boxes that are brown cardboard inside seem to be too big to fit in a USPS flat rate box.
I had bought a couple from Spinettis a while ago and brought them out for comparison.

Left to Right - USPS box, 2 piece box (brown cardboard inside), 3 piece box (thin white cardboard)
14715728031461717965891.jpg

Paulson ships millions of chips in those smaller 100-ct boxes, so ~somebody~ makes 'em. We just don't know who....

Last time I ordered back in Feb from CPC I ordered 40 boxes and it was $72 total shipped. Less than $2 shipped. You have to order larger amounts to even out the shipping.
That's still very high. My latest CPC order will consist of 18 boxes full of chips and be $78.50, weighing well north of 35 pounds. When I ordered 13 boxes worth of chips it was $72 IIRC. Chips are sent UPS ground insured, adult signature required. Makes sense. The insurance is going to add about $20 and the adult signature is almost $6. At the very least I'd want those options taken off if all I was ordering was flattened pieces of cardboard.

Just to be clear I realize your figure of $72 was the product and shipping combined, but I've learned to always ask exactly what shipping options are being used. I usually don't just take the first price quoted to me without validation. Isn't it funny how we get spoiled on free or subsidized shipping from Amazon and then have no sense of perspective when ordering from a small business?

FYI ... I just reached out to some vendors to see if we can get some custom boxes made, and hopefully stocked for long term retail purchase by board members.

I'll follow up if we get any bites.

So far two of the box "manufacturers" I contacted said they couldn't help me, since their "source" doesn't have the specific box I requested. So much for them being true manufacturers.

The third company I contacted, which appears to be a real manufacturer here in Denver, hasn't responded to me yet. I may just drop into their facility next week, with a sample in hand, to see what I can muster up.

Cool - hope it all works out. If this is a go, this could wind up being one of the biggest group buys ever. I wouldn't be surprised to find a 10,000 piece minimum to get any kind of reasonable pricing. :LOL: :laugh:

Cool - hope it all works out. If this is a go, this could wind up being one of the biggest group buys ever. I wouldn't be surprised to find a 10,000 piece minimum to get any kind of reasonable pricing. :LOL: :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing. And I think we would easily hit that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom