Cash Game A guide to mixed sets? Need to figure out denominations and numbers (1 Viewer)

PokerChipScot

Sitting Out
Supporter
Reaction score
Prefix is not really accurate, but i had to pick one... :(

This is for a rental house. Games could be cash, tourney, or something i haven't thought of. I see recommendations for tourney sets and cash games, but is there something akin to the all season radial? I don't want snow tires or summer tires, something that will get the job done no matter what.

Would like to keep it 6 denominations or less, and 800 chips or less. Ideal might be 4 denominations and 500-600 chips, but i'm open to suggestions as the fact i'm asking for suggestions might suggest.

One of the main cited reasons for not mixing cash and tournament sets is because it limits security; someone could take a $100 out of your tournament and cash it in later...this isn't really a fear when they're running their own games in your rental. Anyone playing significant stakes is bringing their own sets with their own breakdowns, I figure we're aiming for crime-of-opportunity players, "its there so lets use it". Honestly, the best bet is to get tons of cheap ones and use it as a business card while also putting some in the rental.

Breakdown starting at 25 is safe, either quarters or the beginning of a tournament.

25 x 100
100 x 200
500 x 200
1000 x 100

You could probably get away with less, non poker players will just give 10 of each to everyone lol, but this one works.

I'd be worried people would palm chips from the game as souvenirs, slap your advertisement/phone number on it lol, make it less appealing.

One of the main cited reasons for not mixing cash and tournament sets is because it limits security; someone could take a $100 out of your tournament and cash it in later...this isn't really a fear when they're running their own games in your rental. Anyone playing significant stakes is bringing their own sets with their own breakdowns, I figure we're aiming for crime-of-opportunity players, "its there so lets use it".

Breakdown starting at 25 is safe, either quarters or the beginning of a tournament.

25 x 100
100 x 200
500 x 200
1000 x 100

You could probably get away with less, non poker players will just give 10 of each to everyone lol.

I'd be worried people would palm chips from the game as souvenirs, slap your advertisement/phone number on it lol, make it less appealing.
My goal is to have a set they can use, and leave sample sets they can take. At $5k for a week at the beach, if i get $.40 a chip (or even $.60) it's not going to bother me if they want a chip or 4 or 5. I can leave enough there so it works, and when i'm down there every other month, i just get the set sorted out so it's complete again. I would literally be bagging a few sample sets and labeling them "Please don't steal from the set, steal these instead!" And yes, my avatar is what i'm going to try to turn into the inlay, so it will be branded.

Agreed, but i need to get my setup ready for the next group buy, no? Also, i feel like i see Tina a lot, but haven't seen her post at all?

Tina doesn't exist. It's what in poetic circles might be called an apostrophe.

This is not to be confused with a catastrophe, although some sets produced under 'her' auspices might be described that way.

Tina doesn't exist. It's what in poetic circles might be called an apostrophe.

This is not to be confused with a catastrophe, although some sets produced under 'her' auspices might be described that way.
Is that to say it's really the person organizing the group buys? It's like some of you speak a secret language... i don't know the handshake yet to get into the club... :)

Is that to say it's really the person organizing the group buys? It's like some of you speak a secret language... i don't know the handshake yet to get into the club... :)
No, Tina is a contact at a Chinese company. You can contact her yourself, but groupbuys save big on shipping and make it easier from start to finish.

No, Tina is a contact at a Chinese company. You can contact her yourself, but groupbuys save big on shipping and make it easier from start to finish.
So when justincarothers does a group buy, he takes all the 600 chip orders, makes a 10k chip order, and then saves on shipping, while probably bringing over items he plans to sell, making it a better deal for everyone, is that about a fair assessment?

Prefix is not really accurate, but i had to pick one... :(

This is for a rental house. Games could be cash, tourney, or something i haven't thought of. I see recommendations for tourney sets and cash games, but is there something akin to the all season radial? I don't want snow tires or summer tires, something that will get the job done no matter what.

Would like to keep it 6 denominations or less, and 800 chips or less. Ideal might be 4 denominations and 500-600 chips, but i'm open to suggestions as the fact i'm asking for suggestions might suggest.
Sure. I've got a set like that. quarters, $1s, $5s, $20s. Cash or a T0.25 tournament set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom