Any interest in Tina Diamond mold for next month? (2 Viewers)

justincarothers

4 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to offer the diamond mold this coming month. Only comes in 39mm. Any interest?

Can use any of my previous designs. Here are a few examples

IMG_2119.jpeg
IMG_2118.jpeg
IMG_2120.jpeg
IMG_2121.jpeg
IMG_2122.jpeg

Personally, I think the Diamond mold looks worse than the Cards mold. However, I would be unlikely to be participating in either, so my input is kind of moot there. But curious to see if there’s huge demand for one over the other.

May be interested. Seems like since the debossing is narrower there’s less of the off-color issue (or it’s less noticeable) than with other molds.

What are potential costs, close to cards mold?

May be interested. Seems like since the debossing is narrower there’s less of the off-color issue (or it’s less noticeable) than with other molds.

Same price as cards mold. $.40 each. 39 mm

No experience with Tina's version, but I ran a group buy for Sun-Fly's diamond mold sample sets a few years back.

I think it's a great mold, much nicer than the cards mold imo. No color penetration issues with the debossed diamond cavities, and they outperformed every other ceramic chip I tested at the time (ABC, PGI, Chipco).

In fact, those Sun-Fly ceramic chips out-performed every single chip in my collection (including Paulson RHCs) except for THCs and TRKs in stackability and stack stability tests, and it wasn't even close.

Still new to all of this...what is the off color issue?

This may not be the same manufacturer, but i have been doing research on alibaba just to get a feel of the look and found these. Just nice to see how the mold looks with different edge spots. Its growing on me quite a bit !

1694272963841.png

1694273025816.png

Still new to all of this...what is the off color issue?
The recesses of the mold are quite deep, and the space is large enough that the darker or saturated inks don’t transfer the same as the ink on the face of the chip.
That can lead to color changes within the recess of the mold. It doesn’t seem to happen with thinner recess like the diamond mold.
IMG_4944.jpeg

The recesses of the mold are quite deep, and the space is large enough that the darker or saturated inks don’t transfer the same as the ink on the face of the chip.
That can lead to color changes within the recess of the mold. It doesn’t seem to happen with thinner recess like the diamond mold.
View attachment 1192749
And from my experience dark blue is the worst color for a chip.

Those look nice - will probably wait on making a decision until my July 2023 No Mold order arrives (my first order from Tina).

Last edited:
Been working on this design for a hot minute. Was waiting on the next cards mold group buy to jump in but I may like the diamond mold better. Either way I think these will go better in a mold than a no-mold. Being patient anyways!View attachment 1194336
Cool design! I recommend making any thin lines quite a bit thicker. Black tends to spread or “bleed”, and can swallow up thin white lines. The text on the bottom is likely to disappear…even the Oakland Lounge type will get much thinner as the black ink spreads (especially the thins on the A, K and E).
Another recommendation is to wait for the Greek mold hybrid chips that Justin is launching very soon. It is a ceramic chip with a recess for a label. Those labels print much higher quality, and you may not need to make much of an alteration at all.

I like the Diamond Mold. If you get a group buy together, please include me. I'd be in for 500-1k depending on the design.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom