Game of Gold ep1 (23 Viewers)

loving the show! Dat poker podcast is a big plus! With someone from the episode the day it airs.

Wonder if they coins are going to convert to any advantage in the end.
I believe each coin will be worth 1 BB at the starting level of the final tournament? They mentioned something about that in episode 1.

Episode 7 was very interesting. Andy Stacks kinda collapsed there. I think his habit of playing deepstack cash when he regularly buys in to cover the whole table worked against him here in tournament heads-up play.
No spoilers!!!!

I don’t know if you did or not, I stopped reading when I saw Andy Stacks!

Anyone who watched the huge hand in Episode 7s ending has to readh Zach Elwood's book. Absolute textbook and two of the best in the world do it/fall for it! Bananas!

Episode 7 was very interesting. Andy Stacks kinda collapsed there. I think his habit of playing deepstack cash when he regularly buys in to cover the whole table worked against him here in tournament heads-up play.
Andy indeed didn’t played his best game by far, he probably thinking a lot more about his teammates and the few hero calls he did call at the start of the head up is also in his mind as well.

But William is the one that tilted me, just coming after his chatting across Jungle in one of the previous episode when jungle is in a big hand and now berating his team mates plays before his head up with josh, giving him unnecessary information as well.

And to make it worse, he punted off 70+ BB in one hand in the first level. If Andy play bad, William played at least 2x worse than Andy

Andy indeed didn’t played his best game by far, he probably thinking a lot more about his teammates and the few hero calls he did call at the start of the head up is also in his mind as well.

But William is the one that tilted me, just coming after his chatting across Jungle in one of the previous episode when jungle is in a big hand and now berating his team mates plays before his head up with josh, giving him unnecessary information as well.

And to make it worse, he punted off 70+ BB in one hand in the first level. If Andy play bad, William played at least 2x worse than Andy
Dude, the speechplay with Williams! Incredible how well it worked, ridiculously easy. Id expect that from my home game.

Binged all 7 episodes this weekend — incredible format and production value.

Man, Jungleman is an absolute douchebag; anyone talks to me like that (let alone a teammate) and they're getting chinned.

Binged all 7 episodes this weekend — incredible format and production value.

Man, Jungleman is an absolute douchebag; anyone talks to me like that (let alone a teammate) and they're getting chinned.
100%. Worst place for someone on the spectrum, hes now stuck in a room with people he thinks are below him, having to rely on them for success. So awkward.

Yeah, volunteering all Andy's hand information to Josh before the last HU match was insane. I swear my jaw dropped to the floor.
My thoughts: Williams is a headcase, since winning first heat he thinks hes Ungar and can do whatever he wants. Maybe that was some kind of play, reminding Josh he watched him play and knows his hands? But it was an awful play lol.

My thoughts: Williams is a headcase, since winning first heat he thinks hes Ungar and can do whatever he wants. Maybe that was some kind of play, reminding Josh he watched him play and knows his hands? But it was an awful play lol.
William is the best player when he can see everyone hold cards, he probably doesn’t play much live poker anymore and watch too much stream poker too.

I watched episode 7!

Generally speaking for this entire series, I think I think the teammate format and the players being in back with commentary adds an interesting dynamic and I think these players are taking that into consideration when they are in tough spots.

I also don’t think Maria forgot about the timer in episode 6 like she says.

Curious to see how this plays out, and this show seems to be a big hit in the poker community!

Matsui chips?

IMG_0129.jpeg

At first I thought it was cheap slugged stock plastics but does Matsui offer a crown in the mold? Heard somewhere it was filmed in Korea so Matsui definitely possible

Here’s cheap sluggos reminds of
IMG_0181.jpeg

Williams punting 70+ bigs with that hand was hilarious, he had zero patience to pick his spots.
I guess he was already tilted out of his mind by watching his teammates play.

Maria mixing it up with some bluffs in EP08.

I didn't expect Kyna to be that intimidated .
She looked like its her first day of playing poker,from the bet sizes to her mannerisms.

Individually , Maria and Josh look like the most focused players so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom