Got my shuffletech today (28 Viewers)

I decided to take the plunge. I have a game tonight. I will report back after. My biggest worry is that there will be a jam and the cards will get stuck in the shuffler. But based on comments here, it sounds like it won't. I have copag poker size cards and the ones that came with the shuffler.

I decided to take the plunge. I have a game tonight. I will report back after. My biggest worry is that there will be a jam and the cards will get stuck in the shuffler. But based on comments here, it sounds like it won't. I have copag poker size cards and the ones that came with the shuffler.
I’ve only ever used Copags. Mine hasn’t jammed yet. It’s one of the first ones they made (according to the guy who emailed me from there) and the 7 shuffle button hasn’t worked in years (the reason I was emailing the guy who works there).

We've had maybe 5 game sessions with the Shuffletech before the first hint of a jam. I only had to nudge a card and the jam cleared.
Each session was maybe 4-5 hours. I'll probably give it a quick clean up before the next game.

We've also only used the Copag decks that came with the shuffler so far.

Shuffle method has been a wash before starting. 7 shuffle button for first shuffle, then 3 shuffle with occasional 7 shuffles throughout the game.

EVERYBODY has appreciated the addition of the shuffler to the game.

I went 4 years of games.. and finally 2 weeks ago my shuffletech started making crazy noises and wouldn't lift the deck up during the cycle. I sent it in for service and it was fixed and back in my hands in 6 days, thoroughly cleaned.

Cost of my shuffletech was $700 with flush mount. My calculations indicate I probably got, at minimum 10,000 hands. Cost per shuffle around $0.07.

Full recondition and tune up /cleaning was $200. If I get another 10k hands that would be awesome

I definitely think the cost is justified. We played one game while it was in for service and it was awful..

Had my first cash game last night with the Shuffletech shuffler. Thoughts.

1. Was really nice not to have to shuffle. And people discussed the different ways to shuffle and the right way. This eliminated that need. Shuffler never jammed. I used Jumbo Copag cards that came with the shuffler. A couple times I put the deck in (top load) and forgot to push the shuffle button. But I could tell I hadn't by the light and the cards inside were perfectly in line.

2. Everyone loved the shuffler and thought it was pretty impressive. They appreciated not having to shuffle, and one person had a broken arm and that was nice for him, because someone would have had to shuffle for them.

3. No one complained about the sound of the shuffler. With the music and talk, it was mostly in the background. Those sitting next to it made a comment about it sounding like something minor ( I can't think of what they said).

4. We had a playing permadealer. Normally I would have had him use the shuffler by having it next to him, but since this was the first time using it, I had him across the table, and I put the cards in and out so I could experience the use of it. I did the wash to start and then the 7 and after that mostly 3 with occasional 7 like recommended here.

5. Only negative I can say is the same person has to always take out cards and putting them in, which if it was the host, like me, meant I couldn't walk away from the table for a bathroom break or if I had to help a player with a buy in, no one was there to move the cards in and out. Also it seemed like some effort to have the same person dealing with the cards every time. If someone has a suggestion on how to minimize this or offload the same person dealing with the shuffler, I'm all ears.

I have attached a couple pictures of my custom build cabinet and flush mounted shuffler. Inside I have a shelf for two levels of storage. I Haven't done any sound proofing. I have the powerbrick inside plugged into a wall wort extender to go through back that plugs into wall power cable.

Much thanks to everyone who has offered advice. Overall, I am very happy with my shuffler.

Attachments

• shuffler shelf 3.jpg
    shuffler shelf 3.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 111
  • shuffler shelff.jpg
    shuffler shelff.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 111
  • shuffler shelf inside.jpg
    shuffler shelf inside.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 110
Just a heads up to the new users, there's an auto-mode where you don't have to press any button. Once you remove a deck and drop another in, it automatically starts. You set it to either 3 or 7 by long-pressing it for 5 seconds. You'll see the lights go nuts when it changes from manual to auto (or vice versa)

Just a heads up to the new users, there's an auto-mode where you don't have to press any button. Once you remove a deck and drop another in, it automatically starts. You set it to either 3 or 7 by long-pressing it for 5 seconds. You'll see the lights go nuts when it changes from manual to auto (or vice versa)
Cool

I have to try this.

Cool!! Thanks. Does it start before I close the clear plastic lid/top? Also, what if I want to do a 7 shuffle once or twice while its set to 3 automatic? Thx!

Cool!! Thanks. Does it start before I close the clear plastic lid/top? Also, what if I want to do a 7 shuffle once or twice while its set to 3 automatic? Thx!
Yeah, you can leave the lid open all night if you want to, but it's not very practical. :)
You can't mix so if you have it in auto 3 mode, you need to set it to manual mode (long press again) and then do the 7 manual and then you can set it to 3 automatic. I'd suggest you try running 7 auto all night though. Unless you misdeal a lot, you won't have to wait for it to finish. 7 shuffle takes 40 seconds so if you crank out 70+ hands per hour your extremely nitty players might notice. :D In that case, just wash while waiting for it to finish.

I think I’m very close to betting one after reading this. I just wish it would work with bridge sized cards as I have 35+ setups that size. :oops:
We play circus games, there's no way I could switch to poker sized cards.

Team bridge for life.

We play circus games, there's no way I could switch to poker sized cards.

Team bridge for life.
I'm with you on that one; still looking for a reliable bridge deck shuffler that I don't have to put the deck through 7 times for a proper randomization.

Down to $300, so tempted to pull the trigger but hesitant to purchase on FB. Wish he was on PCF lol

make sure he is authorized distributor, for warranty issues. I just had mine serviced
, it was still under warranty. Turn around time was unbelievable, dropped off at UPS
Wednesday late morning, came home Friday early evening and it was sitting on my
front porch. I used regular shipping. I found out you could purchase extended warranty,
but this needs to be done at time of purchase.

I've also heard people having success with bridge cards in their shuffler?

make sure he is authorized distributor, for warranty issues. I just had mine serviced
, it was still under warranty. Turn around time was unbelievable, dropped off at UPS
Wednesday late morning, came home Friday early evening and it was sitting on my
front porch. I used regular shipping. I found out you could purchase extended warranty,
but this needs to be done at time of purchase.
How much had you used it, before it needed service?

Got a nice deal (courtesy of a post by another member) on eBay on NIB unit.
Somebody bought two of them from Shuffletech and then didn't use them.
Sold both in unopened boxes.

It's been well received in our group and one of the other guys wants to add a shuffler to his poker room.

Looking for another deal! :bigbucks:

I used it alot. between poker and card games with family.
around 500 shuffles a week for 11 months ~ 22,000 shuffles.
everyone in my poker games loves the shuffler. it definitely helps
the people who are affraid of shuffling cards.

I used it alot. between poker and card games with family.
around 500 shuffles a week for 11 months ~ 22,000 shuffles.
everyone in my poker games loves the shuffler. it definitely helps
the people who are affraid of shuffling cards.
How often did you have to do a cleaning?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom