Hot Dog Roller Pron (43 Viewers)

You are right the cover is three pieces of tempered glass. I put it together with one hand. I like it for the sneeze guard it is.
I didn’t mean to imply it was difficult to put together. I was just saying it wouldn’t be worth disassembling it, storing the glass pieces carefully, and then reassembling it every time I used it. If I had a dedicated spot for the unit, I’d have it attached too.

But honestly, whose sneezes is it guarding? It’s set up so the server has access to the dogs and the glass guards sneezes from the customer standing on the other side. But in a home game, self serve situation, the customer IS the server. So if that guy sneezes, the dogs get sprayed.

I did a thing

20230715_182227.jpg

Alright guys, give me the low down. What temperature do I need to put these on to have hot dogs ready in 15 minutes for ravenous toddlers? How long to preheat before that?

I see the temp set to 150 to slow cook them to he ready in 45 minutes, but what if I don't have that time?

Alright guys, give me the low down. What temperature do I need to put these on to have hot dogs ready in 15 minutes for ravenous toddlers? How long to preheat before that?

I see the temp set to 150 to slow cook them to he ready in 45 minutes, but what if I don't have that time?
The units seem to vary a bit, so you'll have to play with it. Mine seem to run hot compared to others - for mine ~250 has them ready in like 10-15 minutes (I just heated up the leftovers from yesterday for my ravenous teenagers lol).

Are you doing regular or Jumbo dogs? Regular I set it on 250, jumbo 325 for the quick cook at 10 for regs and 12 on the jumbos.

Okay. I joined your cult. Roller showed up today. How long can I keep them warming after they are cooked before my guests get botulism from eating my hot dogs?

Okay. I joined your cult. Roller showed up today. How long can I keep them warming after they are cooked before my guests get botulism from eating my hot dogs?
It's not botulism you have to worry about. If they sit on it too long they dry out. That is when they become dog treats.

The units seem to vary a bit, so you'll have to play with it. Mine seem to run hot compared to others - for mine ~250 has them ready in like 10-15 minutes (I just heated up the leftovers from yesterday for my ravenous teenagers lol).
275 will do it @JMC9389 that is what I set mine at. 275 gets them cooked in 10-15 then lower it to 200 and it keeps them hot

Are you doing regular or Jumbo dogs? Regular I set it on 250, jumbo 325 for the quick cook at 10 for regs and 12 on the jumbos.
Cheers guys, thanks! How long does it take to preheat to get to the dialed temperature?

Couple hours at 140 or so and they are still tasty. They don’t last that long around my guys.

Preheat?!? Dude you are overthinking this
Just trying to get a sense of if it will add much cook time outside of the 10 to 15 minutes discussed here. Every minute extra matters when dealing with two hungry little gremlins.

Just trying to get a sense of if it will add much cook time outside of the 10 to 15 minutes discussed here. Every minute extra matters when dealing with two hungry little gremlins.
That is why we love these rollers. They are stupidproof. You set it, throw stuff on it, and forget it. You'll be fine.

First run went well. Dogs were cooked thoroughly but I think 250 was just a bit too cool. Took almost 30 minutes to cook 4 dogs on the front rollers.

Do you guys put both sets of rollers on even if you're only using the front 2 or 3 or just what you're using?

Think I'll try 275 in any case next time...

First run went well. Dogs were cooked thoroughly but I think 250 was just a bit too cool. Took almost 30 minutes to cook 4 dogs on the front rollers.

Do you guys put both sets of rollers on even if you're only using the front 2 or 3 or just what you're using?

Think I'll try 275 in any case next time...
I float 250-280

So you’re right on the money, wieners will wiener!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom