• 2,500-4,999 1 Pair

• 5,000-7,499 2 Pair

• 7,500-9,999 3-of-a-kind

• 10,000-14,999 Straight

• 15,000-19,999 Flush

• 20,000-24,999 Full House

• 25,000-49,999 4-of-a-kind

• 50,000-99,999+ Straight Flush

• I would rather not say but it's a lot & I don't want to be robbed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Much better thread….how many trade bait chips do you own.

Or how many chips do you own that have never seen play.

I’m far more impressed by those numbers than total accumulated. Despite liking many of the folks personally who have a ton of chips, I literally feel bad when they dibs chips I’m selling because I know they’re never seeing the light of day again.

All my sets have seen play. I only have loose straggler racks I'm trying to finish or just haven't put into play yet. I'm guessing around 1000-1200 chips haven't been put into play by me maybe? That number of course says chips that are part of a set are considered in play even if I didn't get all of them in play.

I’m far more impressed by those numbers than total accumulated. Despite liking many of the folks personally who have a ton of chips, I literally feel bad when they dibs chips I’m selling because I know they’re never seeing the light of day again.
There's at least a couple times each year where I kick myself for not having trade bait/extra racks on hand to help facilitate trades. That said, I just can't seem to justify keeping random racks in my collection if I'm not intending on using them in a set. As it is, every complete set I own sees play, or it gets sold.

Last edited:
You underestimated your collection by 6000 chips?
Was this a survival reaction?
I believe so... :(

Well in my case that's better. I have two three tourney sets and three cash sets which all have seen action the last year - except the 3rd tourney set I had forgotten.

Then I have some chips where I've replaced a denom, so I have a retarded amount of 25s that I've replaced as it is my 5/10 work horse. But I even used them once for a night of FL circus game so it's not too bad...

Down to 3900 chips in 4 playable sets, plus an extraneous rack or two... Boy it's hard to downsize. At the very least they've all been felted at some point.

Interesting. I wonder how many people, if any, have ever downsized from 10k+ chips to ~2 playable sets (~1k-2k chips?)

Interesting. I wonder how many people, if any, have ever downsized from 10k+ chips to ~2 playable sets (~1k-2k chips?)
I've only sold 1400ish chips so far (hopefully soon to be 1900...), and I don't think I ever had more than 5k at once... Really what's keeping the numbers up are my unnecessarily large limit set (2000) and 5c/10c to 1/2 set (1000). Realistically both could be half the size. 2k chips seems like plenty for single table home games in 90% of configurations.

My guess would be no one still active on this forum haha.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom