How many NHL fans do we have here? (1 Viewer)

I have been a Hab fan since 1965, saw many of their 24 championships. I have a signed LaFleur jersey, #1 issues of all hockey publications, and of course many rookie cards from many years.
Ok, I'll admit that in the past 15 years, my Habs have been patching rather than a full blown rebuild, so that has hurt their draft picks over the years. It has all come back to haunt them. At least, they are trying to do it right this time around and drafting young talent and ridding themelves of the deadwood.
Having said all that, here is my favorite hockey item(s). My Leaf fan friens really envy these lol

Attachments

• Poker table 1.jpg
    Poker table 1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 43
  • table 2.jpg
    table 2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 42
  • poker clock.jpg
    poker clock.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 43
I have been a Hab fan since 1965, saw many of their 24 championships. I have a signed LaFleur jersey, #1 issues of all hockey publications, and of course many rookie cards from many years.
Ok, I'll admit that in the past 15 years, my Habs have been patching rather than a full blown rebuild, so that has hurt their draft picks over the years. It has back to haunt them.
Having said all that, here is my favorite hockey item(s). My Leaf fan friens really envy these lol
Screw the Habs hahah ;), all in good fun, but this is outstanding :love:

Screw the Habs hahah ;), all in good fun, but this is outstanding :love:
:) The thing I regret the most is when I was a youngster collecting hockey cards in the mid 60's, I only kept Hab cards, and put the others through bicycle spokes to make the noise. I'm fairly positive that a few Bobby Orr, Bobby Hull, etc rookie cards got destroyed in them spokes lol..
I'm sure most of us can all look back and say...why didn't I????

The East has a lot of good teams this year, the Bruins looking like the best in the league to win it all.

Wow, this thread has made me think of a story I had long forgotten about! Still makes me grin all these years later, thanks!

It's 1995 and yours truly is dating this girl who is a HUGE Devils fan (she was a lot of fun to be with but that's a different story for another day). It's late June and her mom is getting ready to head out to some party at a hotel. That same night my exgf is getting ready to head out to her friend's graduation party somewhere else. While she's getting ready at home her mom calls and says that she needs to get her ass down to the hotel ASAP, apparently the NJ Devils are also at the hotel in a different room throwing their own party after winning the Cup.

My ex calls me frantically and asks what should she do? I tell her to call her friend and to explain the situation as to why she can't attend the graduation party, they'll understand! She eventually talks herself out of going to the hotel and heads to the graduation party.

Long story short, eventually both parties at the hotel morphed into one big party. I still remember laughing my ass off in the days that followed after her mom had the pictures from her camera developed. There they were; pictures of her mom partying with all the Devils, pics of her and the players, and the Cup right there. I never let her live that decision down for the rest of the time we were together.

The East has a lot of good teams this year, the Bruins looking like the best in the league to win it all.
The Eastern Conference is going to be a slaughterhouse come playoff time. Boston is certainly the team to beat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any number of teams make it out (well, except Toronto. We all know they're losing in round 1 again for the 452nd year in a row...)

I'm hopeful that the Oilers can build on last years run to the Western Conference Finals and make the next step - the West is wide open, so it's really anyone's at this point imo.

Playoffs can't come soon enough. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to enjoy watching Connor McDavid absolutely tear it up.

I'm concerned the Bruins have the shits running through the clubhouse- theyre going to be taken out by diarrhea

Only took 8 years to reach this post count.... at Chiptalk I had over 20,000 posts...and very few friends because of it.

My girl sent me this earlier today. Just terrible. We had two instances here in Buffalo where a player was cut by a skate blade in the neck. Clint Malarchuk almost died on the ice in a horrific accident while I was watching as a kid on March 22, 1989. The other game I was at on February 10, 2008 where Richard Zednik got his throat cut by a teammate.
Yeah, that Malarchuk one was particularly grim.

Holy crap, wasn't expecting that
Yeah, around these parts Andrew Peters on his podcast here was saying it looked intention right from the get go. So then I watched it. That dude intentionally tried to injur that dude, no doubt in my mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom