Interested Again (1 Viewer)

TopSchelph

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Was engaged with a Forum called Chip Talk (?) 15-20 years ago where I eventually commissioned a one of a kind set designed by a fellow in Canada -J5Design.

My son is now getting into poker at school and has reignited my interest in searching out some new chips. I believe I’ve come to the right place!

Hello and welcome and there are a lot of former Chip Talk people here so you should feel right at home. Do you have any pics of your set, would love to see them -- plus they don't exist without pics

Again, welcome!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I had these made for a monthly poker tournament I ran.

Milwaukee, WI has a nickname as the Cream City due to the yellowish/beige brick that was used for many of its original buildings. The faces of the chips denote various city landmarks.

IMG_5573.jpeg

IMG_5570.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

Where have you been? We’ve been waiting for you and many others - welcome back. @Johnny5 is still doing excellent work for members here. Good Luck on your new quest!!

In threads involving sales of chip sets, I’ve seen that some members include their user name and date. Why is this?

In threads involving sales of chip sets, I’ve seen that some members include their user name and date. Why is this?
There has been some fraud here in the past. Some scammers using member's chipset photographs and decieving potential buyers with them.
By putting your username and a date on the image, it helps thwart scammers from representing the chips as their own.

It's always best to be a bit wary of sellers with no feedback yet. It's also a good idea to ask for additional images of chips via PM if you're unsure of the seller.

Last edited:
Welcome!
I just put in an order for some chips and J5 did my designs! My son is in HS and deals my monthly game, he also finds a few tournaments to play in as well.

as Colquhoun mentioned, but not everyone does it now that we have had two factor auth on. If you are going to buy something early ask around about the seller.

Happy chipping

Last edited:
Welcome to PCF! You've definitely come to the right place. I hope your son earns a little pocket money from his fellow students!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom