InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (22 Viewers)

While you’re in there I would love it if you could look at the scaling of the web page on a pc/Mac. I can’t figure out how to keep it from taking the whole width.
Quick search and I found that you already have responsiveness hard coded into the templated page. This post on stackoverflow says you add it to a function but you may not need to since it seems to be already there: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ripts-web-apps-responsive-and-mobile-friendly

I think at this point it just comes down to styling it for each viewport size. Taking a crack at it now. Also cleaning up as much of the inline CSS as I can.

Quick search and I found that you already have responsiveness hard coded into the templated page. This post on stackoverflow says you add it to a function but you may not need to since it seems to be already there: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...ripts-web-apps-responsive-and-mobile-friendly

I think at this point it just comes down to styling it for each viewport size. Taking a crack at it now. Also cleaning up as much of the inline CSS as I can.
You rock!

Please don’t judge my html. I’m a self taught noob in that area.

I’m a self taught noob who’s been faking it for 20 years. Lol so doing sweat it. I’m cleaning up all the inline stuff and moving it to your style sheet.

I’m thinking if we can streamline the CSS, you could offer users options to change color themes and even typefaces by assigning a class name to objects when they choose an option. Then the style sheet has the prebuilt theme colors and typefaces already set.

Do you need the metrics data on the menu.html (front-end) page? I added bootstrap to give the app a good baseline of CSS to start from and I realized that it revealed all of the metrics info to the users on the front page. Is it OK to delete that script since it already exists on the metrics.html page?

[update] Never mind i accidentally copied the wrong code into the wrong page. Reverting it.

Last edited:
All the Metrics data should be in the Metrics.html page. I'm not sure why it's showing up for you on the Menu.html page.

There's one more thing that's been bugging me if you're up to it. When you tap on Add Comment it adds the comment to the sheet but does not display it until the next refresh. I tried a programtic refresh timed auto refresh - both took me to a dead page.

There's one more thing that's been bugging me if you're up to it. When you tap on Add Comment it adds the comment to the sheet but does not display it until the next refresh. I tried a programtic refresh timed auto refresh - both took me to a dead page.
I can try but that may be above my paygrade. I'm still trying to figure out how to preview changes that aren't "test deployment". When I do that, I only see this page and can't test the other pages or views.

1689792128971.png

Can you recommend some literature on how to set up Twilio to work with the app? I figured out the settings in the spreadsheet's dropdown but not sure what to do after that.

Can you recommend some literature on how to set up Twilio to work with the app? I figured out the settings in the spreadsheet's dropdown but not sure what to do after that.
It was pretty straight forward. I knew nothing about it. I just went to the site and signed up and it took me through getting those three configuration parameters.

I put $20 in my account. registered for a number and it gave me account SID, Auth Token and Phone number. Then I pokes around some more to configure other stuff like the auto response if someone were to reply to one of those texts - but that's optional.

As best as I can tell so far they charge ~$2-$3 per month for the number and something like a penny per message segment. My invites count as three segments. Your mileage may vary depending on how wordy you are.

Sadly I did not document the setup as I was just figuring shit out as I went. Feel free to shoot any questions my way.

It was pretty straight forward. I knew nothing about it. I just went to the site and signed up and it took me through getting those three configuration parameters.

I put $20 in my account. registered for a number and it gave me account SID, Auth Token and Phone number. Then I pokes around some more to configure other stuff like the auto response if someone were to reply to one of those texts - but that's optional.

As best as I can tell so far they charge ~$2-$3 per month for the number and something like a penny per message segment. My invites count as three segments. Your mileage may vary depending on how wordy you are.

Sadly I did not document the setup as I was just figuring shit out as I went. Feel free to shoot any questions my way.
Outside of the drop downs in the spreadsheet, was there anything else on that end that needed to be setup? Once I connect those three parts, is it all done in Twilio?

Outside of the drop downs in the spreadsheet, was there anything else on that end that needed to be setup? Once I connect those three parts, is it all done in Twilio?
One last step is to go to the settings tab and enable Twilio.

I plan to move all of this to the settings tab in a future release.

Al Azouri updated InviteTracker with a new update entry:

Version 3.5 Manual Posted

I just posted the v3.5 manual on the resource page.

Thank you all for your great feedback. Keep it coming.

This tool is completely free to the community. I’ve enjoyed making it and am happy to share it and continue to improve it.

Some have asked so I’ll say it here. If you’d like to buy me a cup of coffee to cover some of my late nights on this project my Venmo is:
@Al-Azouri
https://venmo.com/u/Al-Azouri

Read the rest of this update entry...

Coming Soon v3.6

This version will have the ability for you to manage a B-List and Even a C-List so that you can send your invites in batches - allowing your regulars to get first dibs at a seat.

Also, the Guests screen has been reworked to better handle the distinction between straight sms texting and sms gateway texting.

I’m still working through the nuances of the recently introduced Twilio integration and I probably won’t post this version until I’m done with that.

In the meantime let me know if...

Version 3.6 Released

Hi All,
I just released another major new version with the following features:

1. Introduced Lists. You can now assign gests to different lists (i.e. A List, B List etc.) and send your invites in batches.
  2. Broke out the fields for Cell Phone and SMS/MMS Gateway in the Guests list for a better look and cleaner Twilio integration.
  3. Moved the Twilio configuration to the Settings Tab.
  4. Created a new drop down menu for adding Guests, Message Templates and Statuses...

I came up with an idea to resolve all the reliability issues with texting from the Invite Tracker App.

The bad news is, it's for iOS only.

I wrote an Apple shortcut that works with an Invite Tracker API that essentially let's you use your phone to automatically text whatever message you have selected in the MsgSend tab. So basically, you would select the message template in the Invite Tracker then on your phone execute that shortcut. The shortcut runs and sends individual personalized texts from your phone to each of your guests.

The benefits of this are:
  1. It's 100% reliable based on my testing so far.
  2. It's free as long as you have unlimited texting on your phone.
  3. The text message come from you - not from some random looking sender.
Is this something anyone out there would find useful?
Is anyone interested in testing it out with me?

Last edited:
I came up with an idea to resolve all the reliability issues with texting from the Invite Tracker App.

The bad news is, it's for iOS only.

I wrote an Apple shortcut that works with an Invite Tracker API that essentially let's you use your phone to automatically text whatever message you have selected in the MsgSend tab. So basically, you would select the message template in the Invite Tracker then on your phone execute that shortcut. The shortcut runs and sends individual personalized texts from your phone to each of your guests.

The benefits of this are:
  1. It's 100% reliable based on my testing so far.
  2. It's free as long as you have unlimited texting on your phone.
  3. The text message come from you - not from some random looking sender.
Is this something anyone out there would find useful?
Is anyone interested in testing it out with me?
I certainly like this idea if there's an Android way :)!

If any of you android guys can find a thrid party app that does something like Apple/Siri Shortcuts I'm happy to document the API for you.

I am on IOS but only use e-mail…
But if you need someone to test I will be happy to help

OK, For those of you who want to try this out. You need to be on the latest version of v3.6 posted today (Yes, I've been sneaking in minor updates while no one was looking)

Once you have that set up and working, go to you phone and import the Shortcut.

Link

Once the Shortcut is imported you will need to edit it and update the URL.

The URL should be <your web link> appended with ?smslist. So <WebLink>?smslink

Once that is set up all you need to do is select your message in the Google sheet then run the shortcut from your iPhone. (You'll get a confirmation pop-up before messages are sent)

@Al Azouri New member here, just wanted to say thanks for making this! I started testing it a few weeks ago and so far I think it's great. I just finished the Twilio setup as well since half my players don't check email anymore, haha. I'm not sure if this was the case when you originally added the Twilio functionality but due to new FCC regulations you need to have an approved A2D campaign set up in Twilio before you can send from the google sheet. It took them about a week or so to approve mine before I was able to actually send reliably

@Al Azouri New member here, just wanted to say thanks for making this! I started testing it a few weeks ago and so far I think it's great. I just finished the Twilio setup as well since half my players don't check email anymore, haha. I'm not sure if this was the case when you originally added the Twilio functionality but due to new FCC regulations you need to have an approved A2D campaign set up in Twilio before you can send from the google sheet. It took them about a week or so to approve mine before I was able to actually send reliably
Yeah. I developed that in the midst of all of that. I also got my “campaign” approved, but I’m still getting some rejections on some texts. I have a ticket open with them.

I’ll keep you all posted on what I find out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom